Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - SPA blasts World Snooker PTC events

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

Below is a copy of a letter sent to WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson which The SPA then sent out as a newsletter to more .....

if your going to represent you members get the facts straight should of been dear barry not dear jason
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Dear Les.
      Ewe knead to go back too skool too got spelin lesuns cos ewe eint makin eny sens. May bee ewe knead ewe'r twin bruvver Booby too dubble chek wot you rote. may bee then eye cun took ewe serius.
      Luv Jase x

Comment

It's quite shocking really, when you look at the spelling and grammar of *all* the contributors to that post!

Comment

I agree screw-back and Souwester ... can I check one thing ... in Les Barton's letter he says this ...

I had a meeting with Paul Mount and he explained that world snooker were penny pinching and with charging him £10,000 to hold the events at his venue, and with all his overheads and staff ect to pay for he has no choice but to charge players for tea and coffee, practice facilities ect.

I read this as Paul Mount has to pay World Snooker £10K and not the other way round!

Comment

yep, that is the way I read it as well.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, I've certainly been led to believe that SWSA has to pay for the privilege of holding the PTCs, but wasn't aware of how much. I think they get to keep the money from ticket sales though, and obviously have to make money on their bar and shops sales.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
                Yes, I've certainly been led to believe that SWSA has to pay for the privilege of holding the PTCs, but wasn't aware of how much. I think they get to keep the money from ticket sales though, and obviously have to make money on their bar and shops sales.
                thank you Souwester ... I wonder if it's 10K for all four UK PTC's or 10K for each one ... and I guess all the tables have to be reclothed before each event, who pays - SWSA or World Snooker/WPBSA ...

any "inside" knowledge you have would be much appreciated!

Comment

This story doesn't really surprise me. Very few players on tour would have any idea of the costs of running a business. They're used to getting everything snooker-related for free.

Imagine having to pay for a cup of tea! Just imagine!!

Comment

IT is 10k a event and World Snooker pay for the tables to be re-clothed as they always have done when using other peoples facilities.

Comment

the best way would be stop seeded players being paid for the round they are seeded and pay people per win its a fairer system
                      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Working...
                      X