No announcement yet.

TSB - South West Snooker Academy Media Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my own dealings with World Snooker regarding coaching (Nic Barrow is leading the charge) I can agree with Paul Mount's press release. although he doesn't point the finger directly I think there's a strong inference there regarding integrity and honesty.

I've found the attitude to be 'it's our way or the highway' as we are the big boys and you are next to nothing compared to us. I find it all a little disheartening but I guess comparable to anyone who gets a little power and fame...take a look at an elected politician who feel they are a cut above us all just because they have some power.

Terry

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      After my own dealings with World Snooker regarding coaching (Nic Barrow is leading the charge) I can agree with Paul Mount's press release. although he doesn't point the finger directly I think there's a strong inference there regarding integrity and honesty.

I've found the attitude to be 'it's our way or the highway' as we are the big boys and you are next to nothing compared to us. I find it all a little disheartening but I guess comparable to anyone who gets a little power and fame...take a look at an elected politician who feel they are a cut above us all just because they have some power.

Terry

Terry
      Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Did the WPBSA and the players give someone absolute power? Ooooops!
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

Terry

Terry
        Terry that is The WPBSA not world snooker.

Comment

Thanks ferret. I meant the WPBSA but we use World Snooker Association (WSA) for Mr. Hearn's organization and 'World Snooker' for the WPBSA as that's their website link on our site here. Sorry everyone for the confusion, it was definitely the WPBSA and Jason F and company I was referring to. My own private impression is they just don't stand behind their word after it's given and just carry on as they wish without regard to their partners.

Terry
          Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
            So if SWSA have been duped by sweet talking Bazza, no surprise. I'm gonna have to make an effort to get to PTC3 and 4 now, as it's goodbye after that.
            With respect Jerry, you could give some amateur comps or Pro-Ams a go first and see how you do?

( Unless you mean 'get to' as a spectator ).
            Last edited by Inoffthered; 29 August 2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: grammar.

Comment

inoff:

Yeah, I think he meant to watch rather than play as he referred to that in another string I think

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

Next Dates for PTC's to play at SWSA please guy's..

Too lazy to look at WSA calendar...

Peace out...
                Last edited by cally; 29 August 2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

5-9th Sep
                  10-14th Nov
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    5-9th Sep
                    10-14th Nov
                    Cheers bud...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

Too lazy to look at WSA calendar...

Nothing changes.. haha

Comment

I'm with Paul on this one and I think this is the right way to go with regards in bringing new talent to the top. Barry Hearn is not going to do anything to promote grass route snooker other than take any suckers money regardless of his ability to compete. what we need is a network of centres across the country that co-operate with each other to promote snooker, they could each hold their own comps and then have a national comp at the end of the year. This would be rotated between the clubs or they could hold these quarterly. This would be my vision for grass roots snooker. But I've always a bit of been a dreamer.
                        Last edited by cazmac1; 1 September 2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                          I'm with Paul on this one and I think this is the right way to go with regards in bringing new talent to the top. Barry Hearn is not going to do anything to promote grass route snooker other than take any suckers money regardless of his ability to compete. what we need is a network of centres across the country that co-operate with each other to promote snooker, they could each hold their own comps and then have a national comp at the end of the year. This would be rotated between the clubs or they could hold these quarterly. This would be my vision for grass route snooker. But I've always a bit of been a dreamer.
                          Sadly there are VERY few quality venues in the UK. The Star Academy in Sheffield is apparently too busy with its existing stable of players to be able to host even EASB events; the WS Academy at EISS is hard to get access to (probably even more so if all UK PTCs will be back there next season)... where else is there which is comparable?

Star must do well with the overseas players, but it's well known that SWSA has been running at a loss, so what hope is there of any new facilities being built?

Sadly I'm not so sure amateur snooker's future in UK is so rosy.

Comment

I would add that it's really great that SWSA is doing so much for grass roots snooker, and they really must be applauded for the hard work they're putting in to run so many events. Having been involved with the running of several of them, it's really noticeable that the events attract players very largely from the M5/A38 corridor though. If only there were a few other venues around the country which were doing the same, it really would enable players from all over the country to have access to first rate facilities and opportunities as provided at Gloucester.

Comment

Working...
                            X