Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Stephen Lee appeal denied

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

The following statement has been released by The WPBSA today On 19th October 2012 Stephen Lee appealed against the decision made by the more .....

So when are they going to conclude this? Lee has is not yet guilty of anything but has missed half a dozen tournaments, money and ranking points and will miss more over the next month - When JH allowed himself to be filmed and caught red handed he was back in 6mths. I don't know what the truth is but are they moving as quickly as they can?

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      So when are they going to conclude this? Lee has is not yet guilty of anything but has missed half a dozen tournaments, money and ranking points and will miss more over the next month - When JH allowed himself to be filmed and caught red handed he was back in 6mths. I don't know what the truth is but are they moving as quickly as they can?
      I don't know sberry but I suspect the WPBSA must have very clear and strong evidence to suspend Stephen Lee in the first place ... as has been shown with Joe Jogia ...

I hope not cos I enjoy watching Lee play but I suspect that must be the case for such a draconian action to be taken ...

And without wishing to start another huge debate on morals etc, the cases of Jogia, Lee and Higgins are very different ... Jogia and Lee are, I believe, accused of match-fixing of a match or matches that actually took place ... Higgins was accused of potentially agreeing to fix a future match in debatable circumstances (ie to News of the World undercover "sting" journalists) ...

I'm not defending Higgins at all but just pointing out there's a difference in the alleged "crime" ...

Comment

i am a friend of Stephen and i know how hard he has worked to get back in the top ten so there is know way he tried to fix the match . why would he risk his lively hood . no chance

Comment

Originally Posted by paulperks View Post
          i am a friend of Stephen and i know how hard he has worked to get back in the top ten so there is know way he tried to fix the match . why would he risk his lively hood . no chance
          i agree with that 100% he is a decent guy but the findings will out one way or another.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Anyone heard anything recently?
            cheers
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not a squeak, but they should get a move on as he'll be dropping out the top 16 soon.

Some may say rankings won't matter so much any more but it will affect where he is put in draws and unlike Davis who was allowed to continue earning while his match was looked into, Lee has lost considerable money as well as ranking points - what compo should be due if it's a no case?

Comment

Thanks for that, precisely why I asked.
                I am hoping that I am not cynical that "they" are dragging their efforts for that exact reason.

Comment

The most obvious one was Peter Francisco v Jimmy White when a load of bets had been laid for Jimmy to win 10-2 (i think)

Francisco raced into a 2-0 lead and then started playing like Lennie Peters on LSD
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I heard that we may have a result after The Welsh Open but that has not been confirmed by anybody at World Snooker or The WPBSA, I got to call Jason Ferguson tomorrow at some point so will slip the question in and this and report back tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks Ferret

Comment

I'm curious too. In my view the thread of evidence is tiny to say the least.
                        Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Sorry I did not call Jason the other day will try to get to it today.

Comment

Just spoken to Jason who can not really give me a update on this, reason being that The WPBSA leave Nigel Mawer and his team to do their investigations without interference, Jason has passed me Nigel's number but as yet I have been unable to get get hold of him so watch this space and I will update when I have heard back from Nigel (Hopefully later today)

Comment

Got a TXT from Nigel today as he has been indisposed the last two days and he says I can call him tomorrow but another source has told me that a announcement will be made tomorrow about this!! will call Nigel in the morning if there is nothing published by 10am and post again when I know more.

Comment

Working...
                              X