Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie withdraws from International Championships just months after sabbatical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

travelled all the way up from bournemouth to liverpool to watch ronnie play jimmy white on thursday in the legends tour. ronny played well but looked like he could'nt be bothered with it all. think he fell out of love with the game IMO. Highlight of the night without a doubt was John Virgo. What a legend!

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
      Highlight of the night without a doubt was John Virgo. What a legend!
      must be a pretty **** night then.

Comment

Taxi for O;Sullivan....Taxi for O'Sullivan....goodbye, good riddance.

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
          did the bbc in that article state ptc as non ranking?
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Tou.../RankingEvents
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17928559

technically, bbc is correct. the ptcs are considered to be separate events with ranking points carried but not ranking event status. they are sometimes listed as minor-ranking series which causes confusion
          Last edited by arbitrage; 28 October 2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Last edited by LittleMissAlexa; 29 October 2012, 06:59 AM.
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

was worth the trip mate. snooker was of very high standard and the beer in liverpool is cheap. on a more serious note, does anyone know what health problems ronnie's supposed to be suffering from?

Comment

technically they arent as non ranking means doesnt earn you ranking points ie the masters, the world seniors, premier league and championship league
                seriously?! do i have to explain this to you even after putting up an OFFICIAL WORLDSNOOKER.COM link showing which events they categorize as ranking (PTCs not included) and a BBC article explaining the tour mechanics & event categorization. FCS, learn how to surf websites and read english please.

Comment

wont allow me to delete these posts
                  Last edited by LittleMissAlexa; 29 October 2012, 07:00 AM.
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

PTCs are minor ranking not non ranking non ranking means does not affect the rankings
                    this is the official classification - if you wish to complain about it, write to worldsnooker. if you wish to make up your own classifications (and claim the ptcs are ranking events when worldsnooker doesn't classify them as such), you are on your own.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Tou.../RankingEvents
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17928559

technically, bbc is correct. the ptcs are considered to be separate events with ranking points carried but not ranking event status. they are sometimes listed as minor-ranking series which causes confusion.

footnote: if after this explanation you still persist with your original argument, then you are either too smart for me or too much of a troll and i don't want to be associated with either.
                    Last edited by arbitrage; 29 October 2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

screw this you all think im retarded im considering deleting my account

Comment

Didn't O'Sullivan get a warning or something earlier this year, regarding his late withdraws from tournaments abroad?
                        ------------------------------
                        2008 UK-Championship fantasy game winner
                        2009 Premier League Fantasy game winner
                        2011 German Masters fantasy game winner

Comment

You're not retarded, don't worry. :wink:

I think when people talk about ranking events, like "Ricky Walden has won two ranking events", they obviously mean the major events with the best-of-9 format that we've all got used to over the years. I would certainly mention PTC titles separately when comparing players' records, hell, I don't even count Robertson's World Open title along with his other ones.

But of course the term "ranking event" itself is now misleading, because the PTCs are technically ranking events, no matter which section the guy that made the World Snooker website put them in. If anyone refers to them as "non-ranking", they are wrong, and that's not a matter of opinion. :wink:

Comment

you obviously have a friend who is into historical revisionism and challenges both official worldsnooker and bbc terminology and classifications about ranking events. good - that puts into perspective how much his opinion is worth. don't worry my friend - just pretend the official classifications don't exist, make up your own and claim that they are right - just like your intelligent friend.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                              you obviously have a friend who is into historical revisionism and challenges both official worldsnooker and bbc terminology and classifications about ranking events. good - that puts into perspective how much his opinion is worth. don't worry my friend - just pretend the official classifications don't exist, make up your own and claim that they are right - just like your intelligent friend.
                              Come on, don't be silly. Where on the World Snooker website are PTCs listed as non-ranking? They have their own section under "tournaments" which is exactly how it should be. :wink:

As for the person who wrote the article on the BBC website, yes, his classification is wrong. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                Come on, don't be silly. Where on the World Snooker website are PTCs listed as non-ranking? They have their own section under "tournaments" which is exactly how it should be. :wink:

As for the person who wrote the article on the BBC website, yes, his classification is wrong. :wink:
                                http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234591,00.html

oh yeah? under judd trump, it says 2 ranking titles

"Ranking titles: Two - Bank of Beijing China Open 2011, williamhill.com UK Championship 2011"
                                any mention of ptcs there (and i believe he has won 3 or more before)

no. so, world snooker the official snooker authority has made a mistake too?

give me a break and go consume some fish oil - it might help with cognitive deficiencies

and unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary, don't bother with your wink smileys and snark replies (they aren't very good at winding people up either fyi)
                                Last edited by arbitrage; 30 October 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X