Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie withdraws from International Championships just months after sabbatical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
    Could someone please clarify something for me?

What is this 'illness' that Ronnie O'Sullivan has?

Is it a physical illness, a mental illness, or something else altogether?
    Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    Not sure he specified but I assumed it would be along the lines that his head isn't 'in the right place' or something like that. I suspect his doctor will recommend short trips to exhibitions with Jimmy or from Essex to Wembley for recuperation though. We call it CBA or 'can't be arsed'.
    Ah, I see. I was wondering if that might be the case.

I'm not a doctor, but this does cause me to think that Ronnie's current CBA syndrome is actually a symptom of another syndrome called SBS. (Spoiled Brat Syndrome).

If I was talented enough to earn hundreds of thousands of pounds per year just by playing snooker, I seriously doubt that I would be suffering from any kind of syndrome. Apart from 'happiness syndrome', of course.

Obviously, I realize that depression is recognized as a legitimate medical condition. But, from, watching Ronnie's behavior over the years, I'm inclined to think that SBS and CBA are his real 'conditions'. But this is just my opinion, and I could easily be wrong.

Anyway, if Ronnie does continue with his "I'm not playing" antics, we can always follow Judd's matches. He's always fun to watch. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      Could this stuff not be discussed by P.M. ?

In my experience, the P.M. can be used to show THE PERSON YOU DISAGREE WITH what your opinion is, and

discuss back and forwards. Why does this have to be tossed back and forward on the main forum ?

After a few posts on the main forum, it should become aparent that no middle ground ( or even agreement of the others opinion ),
      will be found, and you'd save a lot of time by agreeing to diss-agree.

I know we all have a right to post as we wish, but it does nothing for the forum as a whole.

It's getting like one of Ronnie Corbett's jokes, digressing from the original subject, but unlike Ronnie's jokes, never to return to the original punchline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      no, the best way to work trolls like him is to do it in public. he lives his life on here anyway - why would you want to take away his sole reason for existing in the first place? in any case, whenever i feel i have had enough interaction with a particular troll like him (which is now), i will just cease communications with him. simple.
      Last edited by arbitrage; 31 October 2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

OK, but enjoy yourself, I'm off. :disillusionment:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
          no, the best way to work trolls like him is to do it in public. he lives his life on here anyway - why would you want to take away his sole reason for existing in the first place? in any case, whenever i feel i have had enough interaction with a particular troll like him (which is now), i will just cease communications with him. simple.

i wander how long you will cease communicating not long i bet..

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
            i wander how long you will cease communicating not long i bet..
            i still dont understand how odri and i are trolls just through a difference of opinion it hurt me to be called one i dont like being criticized at the best of times and take it to heary
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
              i still dont understand how odri and i are trolls just through a difference of opinion it hurt me to be called one i dont like being criticized at the best of times and take it to heary
              You're not, Odrl is not, but arbitrage is. A troll intentionally posts inflammatory remarks in order to divert a topic to a controversial subject and derail the thread from it's original topic. The best, and most infuriating thing (to them) you can to is to ignore them completely. It's hard to do, especially when they are being rude, insulting and so very obviously wrong in everything they say but it's the only reasonable course of action. So, I suggest we ignore him when he's trolling, at most posting "He's a troll, ignore him" for the benefit of less regular posters. If he decides to stop trolling and act like a grown up (in a polite and civil fashion) then we could chose to reply/engage with him, but otherwise it's really not worth the effort.
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                You're not, Odrl is not, but arbitrage is. A troll intentionally posts inflammatory remarks in order to divert a topic to a controversial subject and derail the thread from it's original topic. The best, and most infuriating thing (to them) you can to is to ignore them completely. It's hard to do, especially when they are being rude, insulting and so very obviously wrong in everything they say but it's the only reasonable course of action. So, I suggest we ignore him when he's trolling, at most posting "He's a troll, ignore him" for the benefit of less regular posters. If he decides to stop trolling and act like a grown up (in a polite and civil fashion) then we could chose to reply/engage with him, but otherwise it's really not worth the effort.
                +1
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There are full rankers, there are minor rankers (which the PTCs are) and there are invitationals such as The Masters. What's so difficult to understand?

Comment

Working...
                  X