Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie withdraws from International Championships just months after sabbatical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnookerFan
    replied
    There are full rankers, there are minor rankers (which the PTCs are) and there are invitationals such as The Masters. What's so difficult to understand?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by nrage View Post
    You're not, Odrl is not, but arbitrage is. A troll intentionally posts inflammatory remarks in order to divert a topic to a controversial subject and derail the thread from it's original topic. The best, and most infuriating thing (to them) you can to is to ignore them completely. It's hard to do, especially when they are being rude, insulting and so very obviously wrong in everything they say but it's the only reasonable course of action. So, I suggest we ignore him when he's trolling, at most posting "He's a troll, ignore him" for the benefit of less regular posters. If he decides to stop trolling and act like a grown up (in a polite and civil fashion) then we could chose to reply/engage with him, but otherwise it's really not worth the effort.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• nrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
    i still dont understand how odri and i are trolls just through a difference of opinion it hurt me to be called one i dont like being criticized at the best of times and take it to heary
    You're not, Odrl is not, but arbitrage is. A troll intentionally posts inflammatory remarks in order to divert a topic to a controversial subject and derail the thread from it's original topic. The best, and most infuriating thing (to them) you can to is to ignore them completely. It's hard to do, especially when they are being rude, insulting and so very obviously wrong in everything they say but it's the only reasonable course of action. So, I suggest we ignore him when he's trolling, at most posting "He's a troll, ignore him" for the benefit of less regular posters. If he decides to stop trolling and act like a grown up (in a polite and civil fashion) then we could chose to reply/engage with him, but otherwise it's really not worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• LittleMissAlexa
    replied
    Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
    i wander how long you will cease communicating not long i bet..
    i still dont understand how odri and i are trolls just through a difference of opinion it hurt me to be called one i dont like being criticized at the best of times and take it to heary

Leave a comment:

• wildJONESEYE
    replied
    Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
    no, the best way to work trolls like him is to do it in public. he lives his life on here anyway - why would you want to take away his sole reason for existing in the first place? in any case, whenever i feel i have had enough interaction with a particular troll like him (which is now), i will just cease communications with him. simple.

i wander how long you will cease communicating not long i bet..

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    OK, but enjoy yourself, I'm off. :disillusionment:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Could this stuff not be discussed by P.M. ?

In my experience, the P.M. can be used to show THE PERSON YOU DISAGREE WITH what your opinion is, and

discuss back and forwards. Why does this have to be tossed back and forward on the main forum ?

After a few posts on the main forum, it should become aparent that no middle ground ( or even agreement of the others opinion ),
    will be found, and you'd save a lot of time by agreeing to diss-agree.

I know we all have a right to post as we wish, but it does nothing for the forum as a whole.

It's getting like one of Ronnie Corbett's jokes, digressing from the original subject, but unlike Ronnie's jokes, never to return to the original punchline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no, the best way to work trolls like him is to do it in public. he lives his life on here anyway - why would you want to take away his sole reason for existing in the first place? in any case, whenever i feel i have had enough interaction with a particular troll like him (which is now), i will just cease communications with him. simple.
    Last edited by arbitrage; 31 October 2012, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Achamian
    replied
    Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
    Could someone please clarify something for me?

What is this 'illness' that Ronnie O'Sullivan has?

Is it a physical illness, a mental illness, or something else altogether?
    Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    Not sure he specified but I assumed it would be along the lines that his head isn't 'in the right place' or something like that. I suspect his doctor will recommend short trips to exhibitions with Jimmy or from Essex to Wembley for recuperation though. We call it CBA or 'can't be arsed'.
    Ah, I see. I was wondering if that might be the case.

I'm not a doctor, but this does cause me to think that Ronnie's current CBA syndrome is actually a symptom of another syndrome called SBS. (Spoiled Brat Syndrome).

If I was talented enough to earn hundreds of thousands of pounds per year just by playing snooker, I seriously doubt that I would be suffering from any kind of syndrome. Apart from 'happiness syndrome', of course.

Obviously, I realize that depression is recognized as a legitimate medical condition. But, from, watching Ronnie's behavior over the years, I'm inclined to think that SBS and CBA are his real 'conditions'. But this is just my opinion, and I could easily be wrong.

Anyway, if Ronnie does continue with his "I'm not playing" antics, we can always follow Judd's matches. He's always fun to watch. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Could this stuff not be discussed by P.M. ?

In my experience, the P.M. can be used to show THE PERSON YOU DISAGREE WITH what your opinion is, and

discuss back and forwards. Why does this have to be tossed back and forward on the main forum ?

After a few posts on the main forum, it should become aparent that no middle ground ( or even agreement of the others opinion ),
    will be found, and you'd save a lot of time by agreeing to diss-agree.

I know we all have a right to post as we wish, but it does nothing for the forum as a whole.

It's getting like one of Ronnie Corbett's jokes, digressing from the original subject, but unlike Ronnie's jokes, never to return to the original punchline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    that is not the issue
    Yes it is. The discussion started when LittleMissAlexa questioned the description of PTCs as "non-ranking". You thought the description was correct and referred several times to the World Snooker website even though it doesn't support your opinion.

The tournament tab on the website doesn't split tournaments into "ranking" and "non-ranking", it splits them into "ranking", "PTCs" and "invitation" (and qualifiers), which is in my opinion a good way of handling the various types of events on the calendar and avoiding any confusion. If they did only have the two sections, they would obviously have to put the PTCs in one of them. But they don't, so why would you have me demonstrate that they do? :wink:

and please don't express your opinions by reply to me any more - i don't want to deal with uber intelligent people like you, ok?
    That would be convenient wouldn't it? If you are desperate to have the last word, I don't have a problem with that. But it's not going to happen with you misrepresenting my opinion and asking me not to reply. :wink:
    Last edited by Odrl; 31 October 2012, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nrage
    replied
    only a troll which you obviously are ..
    pot. kettle. black.

the link lists tournaments under "Ranking Events" and i challenged you to find the PTCs there, which you obviously can't. end of story.
    Fallacy. If not A therefore B. Your argument is that because they're not listed as "Ranking Events" they must therefore be "non-ranking" events, this is fallacious as there are more than 2 categories of event. There are ranking events, PTCs, and several other types of event, most of which are commonly referred to as non-ranking events.

So, as you can see PTCs are neither ranking nor non-ranking events.

This is not evidence, as explained above (If not A therefore B), plus the term used is "world ranking event".

The 2nd link talks about "ranking titles" the key word is the 2nd, a PTC does not have a title attached so would never be included in that count.

In addition, under Mark S it says: "Also won Wuxi Classic, a non-ranking event, and one PTC." .. if they thought PTC's were non-ranking surely that would have read "Also won Wuxi Classic and one PTC (both non-ranking events)" or similar. This supports the view that PTCs are a category of their own.

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    Not sure he specified but I assumed it would be along the lines that his head isn't 'in the right place' or something like that. I suspect his doctor will recommend short trips to exhibitions with Jimmy or from Essex to Wembley for recuperation though. We call it CBA or 'can't be arsed'.

Leave a comment:

• Achamian
    replied
    Could someone please clarify something for me?

What is this 'illness' that Ronnie O'Sullivan has?

Is it a physical illness, a mental illness, or something else altogether?

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not going to defend a position I don't actually support. I've already stated my opinion that the PTCs are listed correctly on the World Snooker website. I also don't see any need to repeat my opinion on whether PTCs are ranking events, because I don't really think that's in dispute here.

The issue was whether it was correct to refer to them as "non-ranking", and despite referencing the World Snooker website on several occasions, you could not find an example of where it does so. :wink:
    that is not the issue and nobody cares about your opinion - only evidence and facts. only a troll which you obviously are would opt to argue by omission rather than inclusion - the link lists tournaments under "Ranking Events" and i challenged you to find the PTCs there, which you obviously can't. end of story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ar/default.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17720729

go write to the bbc and tell them it is YOUR OPINION that they have the classifications wrong - and see how much the world cares about your opinion - and please don't express your opinions by reply to me any more - i don't want to deal with uber intelligent people like you, ok?
    Last edited by arbitrage; 31 October 2012, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    Check Wiki, it refers to Ranking, Minor Ranking and Non Ranking which is one way of putting it.

Bottom line is, if it gets ranking points it cannot be Non Ranking.

Is it that important anyway as they'll not exist soon, except in lists like my unofficial world rankings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X