Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Snooker Legends pull out of EuroSport deal because World Snooker will not Sanct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Snooker Legends pull out of EuroSport deal because World Snooker will not Sanct

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

If you have not heard already EuroSport wanted to televise the Snooker Legends event being held at Goffs in Co. Kildare, Ireland on more .....

Well that blows,

Comment

i think barry hearn needs to think more about the greater good in this instance - the legends tour is good for the general image of snooker and that should be good for everyone!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Its probably down to the fact that the legends tour can claim they have O'Sullivan playing and the main tour can't.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
          Its probably down to the fact that the legends tour can claim they have O'Sullivan playing and the main tour can't.
          unfortunately that's tough luck.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

been watching footage of the legends tour on youtube, am I right to assume the pockets are bigger and cloth faster? Seems a lot of 147's.......

Comment

Originally Posted by tariq View Post
              been watching footage of the legends tour on youtube, am I right to assume the pockets are bigger and cloth faster? Seems a lot of 147's.......
              I don't know the reason, but there are a lot of 147s. I've been to five snooker legends events, and two of them have had 147s. I saw Jimmy's in Redhill, and Ronnie's in Croydon.

Maybe the pockets are bigger, but I think also the players go for it more. It's not a real match, and it's more about banter than who wins. In no pressure conditions, players tend to go for shots they wouldn't necessarily do in tournament conditions. So almost as soon as somebody gets a red and a black, they start playing for 147s. Whereas in a match they'd go for a pink if it was easier to pot, rather than a difficult black.

Comment

Working...
              X