Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Lee update

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

We reported a few weeks back that the holdup in the Stephen Lee investigation was due to information from the criminal investigation not more .....

oh dear - this does not bode well.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      oh dear - this does not bode well.
      Oh dear, indeed. Suspicious betting patterns in EIGHT different matches.

He is up the creek without a paddle!

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
        Oh dear, indeed. Suspicious betting patterns in EIGHT different matches.

He is up the creek without a paddle!

He could always use his cue !.......looks like he won't be needing it for some time .

8 matches .....if true . Terrible news for snooker .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for the update. Seemingly those 2008/9 events add up to his loss against J.Honest. Still, I fail to see hard evidence of his being involved with the bets directly, which is what a solid case needs to have. Amounting suspicions does not prove anything. If every comical betting pattern leads to a ban, then the tour will be quite empty after a while...
          Last edited by miscuehamburg; 14 February 2013, 11:00 PM.
          Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Originally Posted by miscuehamburg View Post
            Still, I fail to see hard evidence of his being involved with the bets directly, which is what a solid case needs to have.
            They don't need hard evidence of his being involved with the bets directly. Unlike criminal cases, which do require a certain level of 'hard' evidence, civil investigations (like this one) can come to a decision based solely on the 'balance of probability'.

If I was a betting man, I would bet good money that Stephen Lee will be banned for at least a year.

Comment

The only problem with a year ban is that it will not stop the scams. Better a life ban - that sends out a real message to all the unscrupulous villains out there - and it allow an honest John to join the tour to make up the 128

Comment

Working...
              X