No announcement yet.

Ronnie O’Sullivan calls press conference for major career announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so has anyone guessed that Ronnie will announce he's playing the worlds but retiring afterwards?

I think I'd go with a retirement as the likeliest, but announcing a final world championship defence doesn't seem out of the question either.

Comment

I only just heard about this while watching the snooker this morning.
      Clive Everton reckons why hold a conference to confirm not playing so thinks he'll play. Folds said what about him quitting for good.

I'll go for announcing he'll defend the title but is coming back full time next season as i think he is 3 or 4 on the money list and if he wins the wc probably higher. As long as he can pick which event he can enter which is kind of whats happened this year if he does play bar playing at the masters which i'm sure he would have wanted to normally. I still don't get why he wasn't there as its an invitation event with wildcards most years as well.

I'd love to see Ronnie back and see him beat selby on the way to winning. Not least because i got a nice bet on it a few months back.

Looking forward to this more than today's snooker now.
      Last edited by cebs; 25 February 2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Do you know what time the press conference is scheduled for guys? I live in Bedfordshire so the Masters is only an hours drive from me. I have to say that whilst the crowds were not poor it wasn't exactly full a lot of the time. I saw Maguire v Dott, a former UK champ v a former world champ in the Masters and it was half-full in an evening session. For me it lost it's spark as a tournament the moment it had to move from the Wembley Conference Centre. There was something very special about that venue.

Comment

"PRESS CONFERENCE/PHOTO CALL

RONNIE O’SULLIVAN

Tuesday 26 February 2013

11.00 am for 12 noon

Hilton London Metropole Hotel, 225 Edgware Road, London, W2 1JU
          (nearest tube Edgware Road)

Reigning World Snooker Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan will be holding a press conference on Tuesday 26 February to make a statement regarding his future career plans.

You are invited to attend at 11.00 am to set up for a midday (12 noon) conference "

Comment

Many Thanks :O)
            So I can expect some news about 12:30 I suppose. I bet Berry Hearn and the Betfred gang are a bit nervous this morning!

Comment

For what it's worth....

"NOT Rolf Kalb ‏@RolfKalb

+++Breaking+++ Sky Sports News reporting Ronnie will announce his return to #Snooker. Can´t confirm if its true but i´m not joking."

Once again, just take this with precaution....
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Note the bit that says "NOT Rolf Kalb" its a parody account.

Comment

Do you think the press conference will be aired live on Sky Sports News?

Comment

Depends if they have gone, I very much doubt it.

Screenshot from SkySports News, we will know soon if they are wrong or right, can not see how they can say this when they do not know for sure.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                      Depends if they have gone, I very much doubt it.

Screenshot from SkySports News, we will know soon if they are wrong or right, can not see how they can say this when they do not know for sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13208[/ATTACH]
                      Maybe they already know for sure?

Comment

Still some loose end to tie up regardless. Will he play in any tournaments before? Will he play on next season (i.e could it be a farewell at the Crucible)? He'll probably suggest that could it could be the final tournament of his career. though it probably will not be!!
                        I wonder if he will play in the China Open in March, if he is serious about Sheffield.

Comment

BBC website now reporting Ronnie will defend WC.

Comment

I'm curious about this press conference. There has to be more to it.

Comment

From the conference - DEFFO defending WC's!!!

And I've got tickets for his 1st round match!!!!!
                              Last edited by Gerry Armstrong; 26 February 2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

result, good news for anyone who loves the game imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X