carrying your own cue ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrying your own cue ball

Should you carry your own cue ball, is this a good idea for consistancy, does anyone else do this? I Really Would Appreciate some feedback on this.

Cheers,

Aidstar.

only problem is if the other player dont want to play with it you will have to take your ball home

Comment

Good idea maybe, but much better to carry whole set of Tournament Champion balls, then no-one could be suspicious
      (ie they make think it's heavy/light)

Comment

I often take my own set of match balls with me and nobody has complained so far. If anything they seem happy not to have to play with scruffy, old, lightweight, off-colour club balls

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          only problem is if the other player dont want to play with it you will have to take your ball home
          Went over there head jim.. On the ball today jim...lol. made me laugh anyway....

Comment

Nothing worse than a really heavy or light white .

Comment

Perhaps get yourself one of the Aramith spotted white cue balls which serves a purpose when practicing as you can see unintentional spin on the cue ball.

I assume when you go to have a practice game with someone it's not serious and the same cue ball will benefit both players.

I use one when doing practice drills in UK 8 ball pool and seen them used now in some of the speed snooker tournaments now so I guess they do get used in snooker in some disciplines.

Comment

My friends went to the world championships and bought some championship snooker balls. Then after that when they went to snooker halls they took there own balls with them. Now he has built his own snooker room in his garden and uses these balls on his own table!
                Simon Whitehead
                www.snookermaniacs.webs.com
                My snooker blog looking at the life of my snooker dream

Comment

As others have said, taking just a cue-ball is not a good idea as you have no idea what make of balls or on the table, either Aramith Premier (lighter than TCs) or they could an other make (like BCE) and again a mismatch.
                  I have my own set of TCs which I take to the club, and as previously mentioned in another thread, I never let others use them without me being there. (the other post said that he was never sure if the exact same balls were kept together when he came back )
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I remember back in the 80's all the good players would come into the club with their own white ball because most of the sets of balls had a light white. When they were to play a club championship match they would swap the white ball for their own and of course their opponent would object and the match would have to be played with the light white. Changed the whole concept of the match because the cue ball control was out the window for the better player. I agree with jrc750, carry the whole set and you probably won't get an argument.

Comment

The cue ball is like your knob. ...... Just play with what you got.

Comment

Originally Posted by dreamboy300 View Post
                        The cue ball is like your knob. ...... Just play with what you got.
                        Hmm interesting 1st post mate

Comment

I think it's a great idea Why don't we all carry our own cue ball to matches.

The referee could switch cue balls depending on who's shot it is so that you only use your own. Why stop at just one, why not have two cue balls, a light one for screw shots and a heavy one for run thru's. I'm sure the referee wouldn't mind switching cue balls throughout each frame depending on what shot the player concerned wishes to play.
                          Why not have three cue balls, a light one, a heavy one and even a weight biased one for swerve shots when snookered.
                          Why not have four cue balls, a light one, a heavy one, a weight biased one and a giant one so that you can't go in off.

I would love to watch Selby play Ebdon with these cue ball options open to them, that'll bring the crowds back and new sponsors in.

Comment

Working...
                          X