Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie O’Sullivan retirement on the cards again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ronnie O’Sullivan retirement on the cards again

    Article Source on The Snooker Blog

    Ronnie O’Sullivan booked a place in his tenth World Championship semi-final and then said he plans to quit the game for good, possibly more .....

  • #2
    I am so annoyed.... Why does he hate snooker so much.
    CEP

    Comment


    • #3
      Its love hate love, I totally get it! At the same time I think Ron's just babbling, the tournament gets serious now and he's getting anxious about the possibility of loosing. He's played so well and can he keep it up with the one table set-up?! All these fears are coming out., but don't worry Ron
      Last edited by j6uk; 2nd May 2013, 10:39 AM. Reason: add

      Comment


      • #4
        Dubious comment = pinch of salt.

        Comment from Ronnie = bucket of salt.

        Comment


        • #5
          i dont understand why people get so annoyed with a sportsman whos been at the top for 20 years, wanting to retire....if you like him ,hes given you 20 years of amazing entertainment...if youre not a fan ,you wont miss him.i doubt people got annoyed with chris hoy when he announced his retirement,or will do so when ryan giggs does so......people have/will just laud these people with the praise they rightly deserve.
          H.b.142

          Comment


          • #6
            Another predictable comment from O'Sullivan. Hopefully Trump will send him packing. At least he wants to be there!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cpenney View Post
              I am so annoyed.... Why does he hate snooker so much.
              Now that his dad is free and he has got his act together courtesy of a certain Dr. Peters, Ronnie is simply too good and is bored that he wins so easily.
              " Someone needs to stand up to the plate." he said in his 5Live interview, Stuart Bingham, winner of three tournaments this year, couldn't come close. The top players all lost early in the tournament, a subconscious fear of O'Sullivan maybe was the factor as before the tournament started all these players were at the top of their form, especially Selby and Robertson, and that fear is very apparent in whoever faces him.
              Let's see if Judd can face him without fear, especially when the run of the balls deserts him, and especially when Ronnie gets in the zone like he did against Bingham.

              As for him only wanting to play for money, isn't that what pro sport is all about.

              Comment


              • #8
                What poor timing. He can do what he wants but why bring
                this up now?
                Let's enjoy the matches without this nonsense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ronnie can do what he likes, it's a free world.

                  But why he has to keep "threatening" to leave is beyond me. If you're going to leave, just announce it and leave (ala Hendry) - don't pi$$ about going back and forth, or rather don't keep telling people one thing then doing another (boy who cried wolf anyone).

                  Best case he is simply saying what is on his mind and not thinking about the repercussions. Worst case he is fishing for special treatment, attention, or money. Ugh.
                  "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                  - Linus Pauling

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe he should really stick by his words and retire today at 12.55pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gem View Post
                      Maybe he should really stick by his words and retire today at 12.55pm.
                      Wouldn't that be funny?

                      I wonder what he'll do if Trump wins the first few frames? Do you think we'll get a repeat of the 2006 UK Championship where he walked out against Stephen Hendry when he was 4-1 down in a first to 9?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        they are annoyed because of the timing. Atleast I am.
                        I could see he was super annoyed after not finishing bingham off and not getting the evening off.
                        I just want him to play his best, finish the tourny, and then say whatever he wants to say.....
                        CEP

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Getting incredibly boring hearing this rhetoric, if he wants to go then he can go, im bored of hearing about him throwing his toys out of the pram. I also would cast a lot of doubt on the money aspect, he's won over 6 million in prize money and said numerous times he lives on a shoe string so obviously doesn't spend much. He's also been getting money from the legends tour, yet a year off the main tour and he's skint?

                          Didn't he do an interview with Barry Hearn saying he's back for a couple of years at least? Whatever happened that? Personally I just think he's saying this to get in the headlines again despite his supposed distaste of being in the limelight. Funny though how he always "just happens" to say things that get him in the limelight...Enough said.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He doesn't seem to put a whole lot of thought into what he says in his interviews (unless it's all calculated attention grabbing). He contradicts from interview to interview all the time. Earlier he said he came back because he needed a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Now it's just to pay some bills? In the end, he'll do whatever he feels like doing. That's fine. I just want to see some good snooker, and he's delivering.
                            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              Now that his dad is free and he has got his act together courtesy of a certain Dr. Peters, Ronnie is simply too good and is bored that he wins so easily.
                              " Someone needs to stand up to the plate." he said in his 5Live interview, Stuart Bingham, winner of three tournaments this year, couldn't come close. The top players all lost early in the tournament, a subconscious fear of O'Sullivan maybe was the factor as before the tournament started all these players were at the top of their form, especially Selby and Robertson, and that fear is very apparent in whoever faces him.
                              Let's see if Judd can face him without fear, especially when the run of the balls deserts him, and especially when Ronnie gets in the zone like he did against Bingham.

                              As for him only wanting to play for money, isn't that what pro sport is all about.
                              Not sure if he's got his act together. To me it seems like the same old. Totally different note than after his first match.

                              What comes to money then, if he wants to play only for money then it's a good thing that he is too good and wins easily, isn't it? No need to be bored, just take all the cash you wish, aye. It should be a perfect situation for him. I agree, though, that playing for money indeed what professional sport is about.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X