Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Lee guilty of sever accounts of match fixing

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

The following statement was release from World Snooker today. On 2nd October 2012, after a two year police and Gambling Commission enquiry, the more .....

thats the end of his career i would say, sames that his offences are a lot more severe than other such allegations, and cant see a way back from any potential ban for a player who was already starting to slip down the rankings
    Craftsman custom made cue
    57 inches
    17 ounces
    9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
    ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Don't understand why people throw there careers away just for the sake of a few extra bucks.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
        Don't understand why people throw there careers away just for the sake of a few extra bucks.
        Maybe because they think they are going to get away with it . . .
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          Maybe because they think they are going to get away with it . . .
          thats probably the reason, but very silly using his own people to place bets, in my humble view think that where there is gambling there is temptation, afraid dont think stephen lee is only culprit, seen far too many missed pots and 10-9 black ball finishes to think he is only one, unfortunatly as always one rule for one ie higgins, and another rule for others ie jogia hann francisco, there careers ended and other is welcomed back with open arms go figure
          57 inches
          17 ounces

Comment

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
            thats probably the reason, but very silly using his own people to place bets, in my humble view think that where there is gambling there is temptation, afraid dont think stephen lee is only culprit, seen far too many missed pots and 10-9 black ball finishes to think he is only one, unfortunatly as always one rule for one ie higgins, and another rule for others ie jogia hann francisco, there careers ended and other is welcomed back with open arms go figure
            Spot on Higgins should not be playing. The sport needs the big names and considers this above all else when making a decision. I am a massive O'sullivan fan but lets face it he could pretty much do anything and Barry Hearn would still do his all just to keep him playing. Like giving Ronnie about the same amount of cash as he won at the worlds just to play...shhhhhh..keep it quiet. double bubble for The Rocket.

Comment

John Higgins' case was quite different and therefore received a different punishment. When people ignore the details to make comments like these it makes me think that they have been trained very well by the idiot tabloids in our countries.
              Last edited by eaoin11; 26 September 2013, 12:45 PM.
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                John Higgins' case was quite different and therefore received a different punishment. When people ignore the details to make comments like these it makes me think that they have been trained very well by the idiot tabloids in our countries.
                Why have you changed your post? I love how people say poor little John Higgins was so naive. He is a great player and I take nothing away from him as a talent but come on he probably cant believe his luck.

Comment

Steve Davis did not play any jiggery pokery to deliberately the 1985 world championship
                  final.
                  Last edited by david16; 26 September 2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Greed for one...desperation for another -plus there is quite a division in earnings in the sport quite possible for player to convince themselves they are doing nothing too wrong by losing the odd frame as long as they still win the match.

On a recurring theme - I admire John Higgins as a player and used to also admire the way that, more than any other player, he could "go through the gears" in a match from very poor play to brilliant....can't help feeling slightly cynical about it all now !
                    Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                      Why have you changed your post? I love how people say poor little John Higgins was so naive. He is a great player and I take nothing away from him as a talent but come on he probably cant believe his luck.
                      I posted prematurely by accident and thought it was getting too long. Of course we remember how he was set up by NOTW - I'm sure no one has forgotten that fine publication just yet, or why it's no longer with us - no actual money changed hands and no frames were thrown in relation to the incident. I think world snooker issued the right punishment.

The reason why I think he was naïve was not because of how he was set up, but in relation to a previous incident that NOTW used to justify the set up in the first place. I'll try to find the details again and explain a bit later.
                      Last edited by eaoin11; 27 September 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                        I posted prematurely by accident and thought it was getting too long. Of course we remember how he was set up by NOTW - I'm sure no one has forgotten that fine publication just yet, or why it's no longer with us - no actual money changed hands and no frames were thrown in relation to the incident. I think world snooker issued the right punishment.

The reason why I think he was naïve was not because of how he was set up, but in relation to a previous incident that NOTW used to justify the set up in the first place. I'll try to find the details again and explain a bit later.
                        quinten hann was caught by a newspaper sting, where is difference with him and Higgins, no money changed hands because potential corruption was discovered in time
                        57 inches
                        17 ounces

Comment

quinten hann was caught by a newspaper sting, where is difference with him and Higgins, no money changed hands because potential corruption was discovered in time
                          well there's a few differences if you still haven't noticed...

for one higgins was caught in a hostile country in a private environment, so that's his defense whereas hanns was in a local pub in england...

but i think the biggest difference is if you still haven't noticed is, Hann didn't even bother going to the hearing and defending himself so he received what ever penalty the association decided to throw at him, if he bothered to defend himself and revealed more details, I'm sure he wouldn't have got more than a year or so

Comment

quinten rang them up afterwards and said excuse me where is my money lets get this sorted!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I actually never learned the details at the time of that incident (thanks to subsequent posters for providing them). But until I know the details I don't assume that there are no differences, and that's the point I was making in a previous post.

Comment

Working...
                              X