WPBSA Statement - Stephen Lee Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPBSA Statement - Stephen Lee Appeal

The hearing of the evidence in the first part of Stephen Lee's appeal has been concluded. The Independent Tribunal has...

Click here to view the article.

If he does turn out to be innocent, which I hope. Are the governing bodies liable to pay Lee's lack of earnings?

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      If he does turn out to be innocent, which I hope. Are the governing bodies liable to pay Lee's lack of earnings?
      He would have to take them to court and submit his potential earnings then fight it out with his solicitor which could lead to more negative publicity which maybe a long drawn out affair that he may be well best advised to avoid. Though to him, he'll probably feel that he will of then, cleared his name but, at the end of it he might lose the claim as well. That would not look good for him and drawing a line under it and moving on worth considering instead. Tough choice!

If he is innocent (I hope he is too) then I feel sorry for him. He will either way be under some kind of scrutiny whatever he does for some time to come. Give a dog a bad name etc

Comment

I do not think he has a chance of overturning the verdict under the rules he is being judged upon - even if he was innocent.

Comment

anyone heard anything about the new evidence, etc.?
          Was it a closed session?
          as you say, very doubtful of overturning the previous sentence; a reduction in term would be good, but again doubtful
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it won't be overturned but reduced to two or three years, I have no evidence for this it's just a hunch.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I can't see it being any different either, as said even if he is indeed innocent I can't see them changing their decision.

Comment

Working...
              X