WPBSA issue warning over Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPBSA issue warning over Social Media

The WPBSA can not tell a player to not use social media but a letter sent out last week shows...

Click here to read the full article on TheSnookerBlog.com

I think the WPBSA go to far fining players all the time for having an opinion and so what if they post something funny or swear or let off a bit of steam having a laugh all in the name of what is essentially good/dark humor - to me it shows their human side and the more that the WPBSA clamp down and the more they fine them the more I go off the governing body which is a shame because they are actually doing quite a fantastic job in lots of other areas -

A squeaky clean image for everyone attracts far less people to the game than a bit of controversy and debate from one or two characters. No wonder there are no stories coming out promoting the game any more in the papers - the WPBSA are turning the players all into media robots at these press conferences - boring stuff - never listen to any of it anymore. Let Mark Allen, Mark Williams and Ronnie and company say what the hell they want - Freedom of speech its called - last I checked the WPBSA was not based in North Korea and I think these twitter/social media things are a good way for players to build their own brands, attract sponsors talk to fans and yes have a laugh and a bit of banter or a wind up.

If they go to far so what - I don't buy the argument that snooker players comments can scare off investors - Alex Higgins was controversial and look at the money and sponsors and fans he brought into the game.

Comment

So who is jimmy the wig and secretsnooker. Pm if need be.

Comment

Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
        I'm on Twitter and have read secretsnooker's / tooting toupee's / Snorey McLeod's tweets and wondered who the hell that person is, he / she seems to know the players, knows the events and knows 'inside' info. There's also been quite a few attempts / threats to identify them and name and shame them, neither has happened yet...

so who is it??? Will we ever find out
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

I believe the biggest problem about social media sites... is how easy it is to actually make an account up, maybe there should be more strict identity checks for everyone! Maybe face recognition :gorilla:
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

There is of course freedom of speech however an employer does
            have the right to ensure that employees do not over reach the
            bounds of common decency or harm the employers 'company'
            in my opinion.

Comment

if every player skweeked when they walked, not only would it be boring, but it would be painful to listen too

Comment

Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post

A good read them pair.
                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                  A good read them pair.
                  i am not even on twitter but it is not a big secret!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    i am not even on twitter but it is not a big secret!
                    It's not? I have no clue...
                    Box the chimp.

Comment

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
                      It's not? I have no clue...
                      I am flat out not getting into this one!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I believe a certain outspoken, left handed Irishman may have something to do with this 'secretsnooker' thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                          I'm on Twitter and have read secretsnooker's / tooting toupee's / Snorey McLeod's
                          are this accounts shut down? cause I can't find them.

what's your twitter account? cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                            are this accounts shut down? cause I can't find them.

what's your twitter account? cheers
                            they've been suspended by Twitter
                            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                            X