WPBSA Statement Stephen Lee Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPBSA Statement Stephen Lee Appeal

Edwin Glasgow QC and Peter Stockwell, who formed the Appeals Committee to hear the first part of Stephen Lee's appeal...

Click here to read the full article on TheSnookerBlog.com

I'm not up to speed on legal jargon, but is this saying the appeal is not going well, and that he has to pay another £30,000 so far ???
    Jeez those Solicitors must get a canny wedge of pay !!!

Comment

they will never see the money!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Last i read he was getting benefits !! maybe they (or should i say "us") will help him out

Comment

ADR is correct, this is now turning into effectively a full life ban, unless he wins the lottery.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            I'm not up to speed on legal jargon, but is this saying the appeal is not going well, and that he has to pay another £30,000 so far ???
            Aye it's not a bad job when you can get a few hundred pound an hour just for thinking time!!, you don't even have to do anything but if your thinking about a case you can charge for it.
            That doesn't sound good at all for Stephen Lee. Being called untrustworthy is very very strong language in those circles.
            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 13 March 2014, 07:30 PM.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Aye it's not a bad job when you can get a few hundred pound an hour just for thinking time!!, you don't even have to do anything but if your thinking about a case you can charge for it.
              That doesn't sound good at all for Stephen Lee. Being called untrustworthy is very very strong language in those circles.
              Thinking is, and thoroughly deserves to be, amongst the highest paid of activities. If everyone could do it, it would be less expensive.

Comment

yep, it's because so many can't think straight that so many that can get paid so much to think about defending and punishing them what can't

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                  yep, it's because so many can't think straight that so many that can get paid so much to think about defending and punishing them what can't
                  I don't think my point could be better illustrated.

Comment

Watched a programme on the tv once, many years ago, a lawyer was getting the train into work, read the paper, had a little kip, ate something, looked out of the window for ten minutes , billed his client £175 , as he said he was thinking about his case as he stared out the window, lol.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Since the first part of the appeal alleged that members of the board were biased has been dismissed, the committee has decided that Lee should pay some of the legal costs because he wasted everyone's time. All we know is that first part of the appeal was an allegation that some of the members of board or the investigators, I can't remember who, were biased in the previous hearing. In other words, he thinks they are out to get him. They have dismissed that part of the appeal. The most important part, did he or didn't fix matches, will be come up soon.

Comment

Watched a programme on the tv once, many years ago, a lawyer was getting the train into work, read the paper, had a little kip, ate something, looked out of the window for ten minutes , billed his client £175 , as he said he was thinking about his case as he stared out the window, lol.
                        well at least he didn't have a poo ... god knows how much that costs the client

Comment

See what I mean? These guys never switch off.

Comment

that's my lawyer!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                            X