Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker equipment enquiry

Hi All!

Am I the only one that has noticed the table brushes used at professional tournaments such as the UK Championship have a napping tool on the top side?

These seem impossible to find! Can anyone please help me locate one or even just confirm that they have seen these brushes too?

Cheers!

yep, have seen the fitters using these; I assume the table fitters themselves have pinned the cloth to the wooden handle of the brushes, so they don't have to carry the extra tool when they come out between session.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I cant believe these are not a thing for sale! I need one ha!

Comment

Originally Posted by JSWALE View Post
        I cant believe these are not a thing for sale! I need one ha!
        Make one by getting some off cuts of cloth from your snooker club. The quality of cloth doesn't matter and the end piece of laminate flooring to cover is perfect. I call them a 'block' and they are essential before ironing. Brush > block > iron
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Better using a block unless back of brush is flat

Comment

Snooker equipment enquiry

from the billiard table brushes I have seen have a flat back

Comment

I think that unless you find a brush that is 18 inches or longer it is a waste of time, I think if you are going to make one, go at the least 18 inches, 24 is covering some nap and saving a few trips....
              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

If anyone knows where to purchase one OR even makes these tools then I am VERY interested in buying one.

Get in touch if you can, j.swale@hotmail.com

Comment

ring around a few places that do flotex flooring and ask for samples get them for free then cut to shape and pin to the back of a brush, i got a lovely shade of green when i asked for samples.

Comment

Yeah but I want it to look really professional and I doubt I can create such an effect. I am more interesting in buying one but thanks for the advice, it may be the only way.

Comment

have you tried to contact World Snooker Services and ask them directly
                      world-snooker.co.uk

Comment

I have and I am just waiting for a reply! I'll keep you all informed.

I also tried a leading snooker equipment seller that said if I manage to find a supplier they would be extremely interested.

Comment

"Yes, we do have the brushes with the napping block on the back, however we make them ourselves for the tournaments, unfortunately we do not sell these."

...Disappointing.

Comment

Originally Posted by JSWALE View Post
                            "Yes, we do have the brushes with the napping block on the back, however we make them ourselves for the tournaments, unfortunately we do not sell these."

...Disappointing.
                            as I thought.
                            Maybe Geoff can make you one for a fee

Comment

Working...
                            X