Snooker tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker tip

Hi guys, when sanding down a newly fitted tip, is it ok to use an electrical dremel to do this or not?

Good afternoon!
    first make sure that you took all the old glue and that only on wood, second never sanding the tip from the bottom up ... the tool that you will use is indifferent ... stay alert to an important detail, after installing the hint and slash it is not yet 100% ready, each player has an exclusive way to accent the hint until it does not deform keeping the format ...
    OBS; Laminated tips usually do not need this extra treatment as they almost do not warp, just install and sand it!
    ”Corium sana in iaculat sano”

Comment

Personally I wouldn't but as long as the bit isn't too course and you've got a steady hand you should be able to. Easier just to sand it though.

Comment

Snooker tip

hi all, I will probably just use normal sand paper but I'm just lazy and can't be bothered, I'm using a adr147 tip for the first time.

Comment

I used a bench sander to shape a few tips to see if it came out ok.

Although the shape is fine and it takes seconds, it really does overheat the fibres and leaves some parts of the tip a little hard here the fibres bond with the heat (in my opinion).

Just shape it using the normal method and some sandpaper etc, it doesn't take that long.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            I used a bench sander to shape a few tips to see if it came out ok.

Although the shape is fine and it takes seconds, it really does overheat the fibres and leaves some parts of the tip a little hard here the fibres bond with the heat (in my opinion).

Just shape it using the normal method and some sandpaper etc, it doesn't take that long.
            Hi Marc, what's the deal with these laminated tips? As I think I said in another post I'm using a Phoenix laminated tip and I like it, but are you not supposed to sand these? De-lamination problems etc? Feels weird to think the tip will be this big as longs as it lasts. How do you know when they need changing? Feels crap I guess. Sorry lots so questions, be good to know when you get five minutes though, cheers. 😉
            βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Sorry Marc, just found the info on your website! I do generally search before asking, RTM etc (Read the feckin manual! Lol) thanks. 😉
              βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Sorry Marc, just found the info on your website! I do generally search before asking, RTM etc (Read the feckin manual! Lol) thanks. ��
                Ha Ha. Just seen all your posts, seems like you have found the answers.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X