Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

If you look at page 13 of this blog you can see how is made the panels and there’s a photo of them installed beneath the table. To actually connect all the panels together this is done using WAGO connectors, so you don’t have to be an electrician, just connect all the brown wires together and all the blue wires together, a few clips here and there to hold the loose cables in place and jobs a gudun! Connect the thermostat, position the probe/sensor and plug in.

Try this link... it’s the 80cm version not the 1m version I went for which is what you really need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Underfloo....m46890.l49292
    How many of these did you need btw? i see they come in 100cm sheets

Comment

It’s a nasty horrible job that and it smells! But yes insulation in the walls and ceiling!
      It hasn't half made the job easier now we are water tight. Last visit from building hopefully end of the week, to check electrics, then it's Air con in, plasterboard on, It will be plastered the week after, then it's painting , carpet, and the table fitters are booked for between 8-11 March depending when they can get here. It's getting that close now, I'm putting a new tip on my cue lol.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post

How many of these did you need btw? i see they come in 100cm sheets
        Approximately 5 meters? I’d have to double check. I ordered 6 assuming they came as individual sheets 1m x 1m, corresponding with the 6 sections beneath the table, but no! I just got a 6m x 1m roll.... and because you can trim them to size quite accurately, there wasn’t much waste except of course the extra 1m I didn’t use.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

It hasn't half made the job easier now we are water tight. Last visit from building hopefully end of the week, to check electrics, then it's Air con in, plasterboard on, It will be plastered the week after, then it's painting , carpet, and the table fitters are booked for between 8-11 March depending when they can get here. It's getting that close now, I'm putting a new tip on my cue lol.
          Don’t forget the grandstand down at the bottom end!

When are we going to see some more photos?? Sounds like it’s really coming together!

New tip on your cue lol!! It’s like the wife measuring up for curtains just a the brickwork is going up... still can’t say I blame ya!

Comment

Don’t forget the grandstand down at the bottom end!

When are we going to see some more photos?? Sounds like it’s really coming together!

New tip on your cue lol!! It’s like the wife measuring up for curtains just a the brickwork is going up... still can’t say I blame ya!
            I've been taking photos all the way through Steve, now the sites a bit more stable and not getting hacked every second week I will stick some up. Unfortunately it's not quite turned out as big as we hoped and the grandstand will only hold 2,000 intead of the 5,000 we had hoped for
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I've been taking photos all the way through Steve, now the sites a bit more stable and not getting hacked every second week I will stick some up. Unfortunately it's not quite turned out as big as we hoped and the grandstand will only hold 2,000 intead of the 5,000 we had hoped for
              Lolz I think smaller venues have a better atmosphere, so should be a winner!!
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Hi all

A quick question I hope you won't mind..

What type of armoured cable would you all recommend or have used for your outdoor snooker rooms? Room is approx 10 meters from the house, around 7-8 double sockets, 8-10 spotlights and the main table lights.

I will be getting a sparky to install. Just need an idea of cable so I can get the bits for him.

Comment

• I think there are online calculators for this. All I know, is that my outbuilding has 8 plug sockets and 8 spotlights, and the cable is at least 10mm

Comment

• Probably best to ask the Sparky. There may be volt drop to consider etc, he will be safest bet to ask if he's doing the job.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Just a bit of an update regarding the BTU heat/cooling system that Steve ordered. I had it ready to go for my garage conversion, but it just didn't really work for me and the external unit is pretty ugly and bulky. Thanks again for sending me a video Steve, I just couldn't get the external unit it the right place so I sent it back.
                      Instead I have opted for two electric oil radiators and to get some airflow I now have this https://www.nuaire.co.uk/product-list-page/dri-365
                      Its probably bit of an overkill for one room but it works all year round and is very efficient. I had a hydrometer in the room and it was reading around 65% (wet). within two hours of this being on I have perfect airflow and I'm at the best possible levels around 50%, not to wet or dry air.
                      It works pretty well in that it takes in heated loft air in the winter, in the summer air is taken from outside and is pumped in after being filtered.
                      Table arriving this week

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                        Hi all

What type of armoured cable would you all recommend or have used for your outdoor snooker rooms? Room is approx 10 meters from the house, around 7-8 double sockets, 8-10 spotlights and the main table lights.

I will be getting a sparky to install. Just need an idea of cable so I can get the bits for him.
                        I can’t remember what size cable we went with 6 or 8mm I think, if in doubt always go bigger! My sparky used 2core SWA from the house to the shed with a ground earth rod outside the shed to earth the garage consumer unit I installed into the shed. This way if anything goes in the shed it doesn’t take the house out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
                          Just a bit of an update regarding the BTU heat/cooling system that Steve ordered. I had it ready to go for my garage conversion, but it just didn't really work for me and the external unit is pretty ugly and bulky. Thanks again for sending me a video Steve, I just couldn't get the external unit it the right place so I sent it back.
                          Instead I have opted for two electric oil radiators and to get some airflow I now have this https://www.nuaire.co.uk/product-list-page/dri-365
                          Its probably bit of an overkill for one room but it works all year round and is very efficient. I had a hydrometer in the room and it was reading around 65% (wet). within two hours of this being on I have perfect airflow and I'm at the best possible levels around 50%, not to wet or dry air.
                          It works pretty well in that it takes in heated loft air in the winter, in the summer air is taken from outside and is pumped in after being filtered.
                          Table arriving this week
                          Sorry to hear this didn’t work for you! Yeah the scale of the external unit probably didn’t come across on the video, I have about 1.5m between the shed and fence so there is a load of space for the ugly beast! Fortunately with it being round the back I don’t have to look at it, or listen to it! Lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                            Hi all

How’s the build coming along??

Comment

How’s the build coming along??
                              Ahh. Where do I start?!

Let the builders go. They made a bit of a mess of the roof. Using the wrong boards, not fixing right. Thankfully, I had a good roofer who had to overboard before putting on the epdm rubber roof. Really pleased with that.

A few jobs to do..
                              - Floor insulation and screeding (next week)
                              - Electrics first fix (Thurs)
                              - Soil and drainage pipes / water (next week). This should have been done at same time as foundations but the builder convinced me otherwise at the time!
                              - Bifold doors
                              - Plaster and render. Love the idea of K Rend, debating front walls facing the house only and masonry paint on the rest or K Rend all around. Expensive stuff!

Probably looking at a few weeks until completion but what a huge learning curve. And plenty of stress along the way!

Comment

• Hope youv'e taken pics of construction. Pics say a thousand words
                                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                                X