Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

It's an aristocrat pretending to be a star table. I'm guessing John did it just to feel as comfortable as he could when he went to the bigger comps. I was never in favour of a sprayed up table but I really, really like it, the gold isn't bright and adds a bit on contrast. It has Riley steels on it and Star pocket leathers. There is near enough six feet round the table, probably more like five foot eleven, something like that. The ceiling is ten feet at the highest point and there is roughly eighteen feet from the end of the table to the back wall giving loads of seating space.
    The light was expensive ?450 iirc but it's fantastic and being half blind , I need all the help I can get in the lighting department
    in the top left of the photo you can just see the start of the air con fan unit, that was mounted in the middle of that side wall, so that's not far off half the room to that point.
    Aristocrat?? Those frame and legs are off a Star?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Aristocrat?? Those frame and legs are off a Star?
      I thought the same but didn’t want to say anything ,just looks like a normal Star

Comment

• Looking at the Star ,the Star has more leg carvings running vertical , this looks more like a Wriaka frame ,it’s not an Aristacrat though

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Looking at the Star ,the Star has more leg carvings running vertical , this looks more like a Wriaka frame ,it’s not an Aristacrat though
          Funny I thought that as well Mikee but didn't know enough about them. I'll look into it.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Definitely not an Aristocrat frame anyway..

Comment

• Legs are very similar to a Riley renaissance.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                Definitely not an Aristocrat frame anyway..
                To be fair to John, I have seen the original advert now( had relied on someone else's description, never let a twenty breaker buy your table lol) and it's a fair description of the table. No matter it plays superb and it hasn't got an eighth of a balls roll at pocket weight across any angle on the table and that includes a full length diagonal. It's quite freaky to watch the ball roll so true, I'm used to curling them into the middles on the club tables of course the cloth will have a wee bit to do with that.
                Was told by the fitters it would settle and we might get slight rolls until they come back and do a final levelling but it's been a few weeks now and nothing, so fingers crossed. Probably go in tomorrow after saying that and a leg will fall off

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

To be fair to John, I have seen the original advert now( had relied on someone else's description, never let a twenty breaker buy your table lol) and it's a fair description of the table. No matter it plays superb and it hasn't got an eighth of a balls roll at pocket weight across any angle on the table and that includes a full length diagonal. It's quite freaky to watch the ball roll so true, I'm used to curling them into the middles on the club tables of course the cloth will have a wee bit to do with that.
                  Was told by the fitters it would settle and we might get slight rolls until they come back and do a final levelling but it's been a few weeks now and nothing, so fingers crossed. Probably go in tomorrow after saying that and a leg will fall off
                  It looks great either way! You’ve gotta be super happy with it! The room size sounds plenty big enough for the tiered seating down at the end! 50 seat capacity?

Comment

• Get some seats in there and with that lighting it will be like a mini Crucible. I can see a Snooker Forum annual tourney being held in there

It doesn’t really matter if the table is this or that tbh. You’ve got a great set up there which is making me as jealous as hell

Comment

• It looks great anyway ,the fact it’s not a Star frame is a big bonus IMO .When my table went in February last year it was dead level ,but with a ton of slate it moved a little bit in settling ,cloth stretch in September with a service sorted it and it’s been fine since .Considering a new table in a new build and it’s running true from day one is happy days .Love those lights ,are they tubes or multi spots ,they look really good .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Legs are very similar to a Riley renaissance.

Think your dead right Crafty looking at the frame shape near the legs looks bang on ,which means it’s a quality solid wood table .I’m certain it’s a Riley now with no Chinese Star crap in it all .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                          It looks great anyway ,the fact it’s not a Star frame is a big bonus IMO .When my table went in February last year it was dead level ,but with a ton of slate it moved a little bit in settling ,cloth stretch in September with a service sorted it and it’s been fine since .Considering a new table in a new build and it’s running true from day one is happy days .Love those lights ,are they tubes or multi spots ,they look really good .
                          Had more info from John on the table and it's fine.
                          The lghts are basically LED panels in a metal frame, expensive but very good.
                          just like your table Mikee we were expecting a bit of settling, it may still come I don't know how long it takes to settle, especially as it's wood and sitting on reasonably plush carpet tiles and a few packers but it's not moved yet. Maybe having the adjustable support under the slates has helped I don't know. It's quite freaky staying down and tracking balls that never move, I've never played on a table before where the balls track dead true all the time.
                          jist to add, there are no star parts on the table at all, well maybe the pocket leathers.

Comment

• Those adjustable slate muntins are great ,every table should have them ,BCE were the first to use them apparently ,simple idea yet never thought of for years .Some old tables have a set of two or three muntins but a lot of the time they are not touching the slates ,it’s then a simple case of leaving the outside ones and fitting an adjustable set in the middle ,I’ve also played on some tables that don’t have any .How’s the table playing for speed and the reaction of the cushions ,you say it’s a little nippy in the pockets ,can you Chuck a ball down the full length of the table along the rail at full speed with the pocket sucking it in with out rattling ? Mine takes those shots straight in to the back of the plate really clean ,as long as it’s true ,my middles are quite tight but you can smack in shots at full speed of the pink spot and slow to medium pace from the black spot if your deadly accurate ,being deadly accurate is the problem I have with the game most of the time

Comment

• Getting there now..
                              Carpet tiles to be laid, toilet and sink to be fitted. Air-conditioning unit to be fitted (engineer keeps letting me down) and exterior needs render

Comment

• Looking good mate , it will look even better when your table is in there

Comment

Working...
                                X