• Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    Looking good mate , it will look even better when your table is in there
    Thanks Starsky. That's on Thursday, fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post

Thanks Starsky. That's on Thursday, fingers crossed
      That’s exciting stuff , remind me again what table your getting ?

Comment

• Looks great NS are you putting blinds on the doors? We are STILL waiting for ours been over a month now.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

That’s exciting stuff , remind me again what table your getting ?
          A Riley Aristocrat tournament table from the lovely chaps at Tayside Snooker.

Yes getting blinds for the bifolds. Who did you order from? Did you go for 'Perfect fit'?

Comment

Yes getting blinds for the bifolds. Who did you order from? Did you go for 'Perfect fit'?
            Nice table , I look forward to seeing photos of it once it’s installed .

Comment

Great modern looking room there ,I got my Westbury from them in February last year ,if it’s anything like mine you’ll have a loverly table that looks pretty much new .What pocket cut are you going for , mine is match cut middles and slightly over sized corners to compensate for when the cloth wears a bit ,no undercut on the rubber nose , I found the middles a little nippy at first but soon got used to it .You having the silver and mahogany combo ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Great modern looking room there ,I got my Westbury from them in February last year ,if it’s anything like mine you’ll have a loverly table that looks pretty much new .What pocket cut are you going for , mine is match cut middles and slightly over sized corners to compensate for when the cloth wears a bit ,no undercut on the rubber nose , I found the middles a little nippy at first but soon got used to it .You having the silver and mahogany combo ?
                Yes, silver and mahogany. Can't wait. It's so exciting.

I believe the match cut is 3.25 inch. I'm going with 3.5 as advised. I'm not the best player and don't want to be demoralised from the get go. I think that's still tighter than a club pocket but not as tough as match cut. Not sure what is meant by undercut or the difference..

Comment

• An undercut rubber essentially makes your 3.5” pocket 3.75”

Comment

• Just checked and the rubbers won't be undercut

Comment

Yes, silver and mahogany. Can't wait. It's so exciting.

I believe the match cut is 3.25 inch. I'm going with 3.5 as advised. I'm not the best player and don't want to be demoralised from the get go. I think that's still tighter than a club pocket but not as tough as match cut. Not sure what is meant by undercut or the difference..
                      I’ll try and put a pic up today with the official world snooker template in my corners ,it’s one from 2005/6 which are or should be the same as now .At the fall of the slate the W P B S A template is 3 3/8 .Having a full nose rubber all the the way in to the pocket not only keeps your a game a bit tighter but it also helps to stop tracking marks on the cloth bed and the cushion cloth will last longer ,undercut tends to suck the ball into the same area around the pocket and wears the table a lot faster .Chris is a good guy and the pocket cut he does is spot on .Most club tables I play on have pockets bigger than mine ,you don’t want buckets on a home set up ..Danger Steve’s table is near on match cut too I think .

Comment

• Comment

• It’s worked ok thankfully ,here you can see this cut is not as tight as the template ,but hardly buckets either ,but enough to make all the shots still when you get a bit of cloth wear.

Comment

It’s worked ok thankfully ,here you can see this cut is not as tight as the template ,but hardly buckets either ,but enough to make all the shots still when you get a bit of cloth wear.
                            Bit gappy that Mikee .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Bit gappy that Mikee .
                              Lol I’ll send you a middle and corner set Steve ,and we'll have a look at yours

Comment

Lol I’ll send you a middle and corner set Steve ,and we'll have a look at yours
                                Nah my corners are 85mm which is just over 1mm bigger. Not too dissimilar from yours..

I’m hoping the tight pockets will pay off when I go a play on club tables in comps.

Comment

Working...
                                X