Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Not to make anyone jealous but thought I'd upload a short vid I made yesterday attempting a really quite tricky mini line up. Much harder than I initially thought with only one pocket and one cushion of any use! This was as close as I got after around 45 minutes attempting it... :snooker:

https://youtu.be/EZcn9PL4Qug

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Glad you're making good progress Danger Steve . I take it you got the breather membrane outside the ply this time round, thats the key. Hopefully you were able to reuse any cladding that you had to remove. Tedious but will be a distant memory once your knocking balls in :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Just remembered back to the bad luck you had but also now what a wonderful project to take your time up during this "unusual" time. The table looks spot on! Did you spray lacquer the legs?

:snooker:
    Thanks!

Yes the legs have been spray lacquered with a clear satin, there a bit dusty in the photos, in my excitement to get the slate and cloth on I didn’t have time for cleaning! Haha. The frame woodwork had several coats of poly varnish which was flattened down between coats and buffed to a nice sheen finish. Hoping to follow the same stain and varnish process on the cushions!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Excellent work

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Just remembered back to the bad luck you had but also now what a wonderful project to take your time up during this "unusual" time. The table looks spot on! Did you spray lacquer the legs?

:snooker:

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    That is very impressive Steve ……….huge envy here . Can't wait to see it totally finished .

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Here I thought I'd try my new 'Pocket Templates' I made earlier in the year, against these pockets.... just to see how they stack up to the pro pocket openings, and I was absolutely shocked to see they almost matched perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    As luck would have it, my decision to leave two of the cushions in 1 piece as a reference meant that I could set up a corner with a pocket to actually get a little game play! Albeit limited to the bottom right black pocket!

If ever there is a one pocket snooker World Championship I 'could' be world champion!!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    So with the current virus situation putting a halt to the table refurb I decided to fit the old cloth back on, for two reasons! Firstly to give myself some practice ahead of the new cloth arriving and secondly to 'test' the level of the table by actually playing a few diagonal shots.

On loose...

Stretched!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Please read the post above for how I went about installing the slates and a few tips I picked up along the way!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Slate Time!

Finally after months of faffing with this mould problem it was time to get the slates back on to the table!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Over the past week of this mini heatwave with temperatures up to 21 degrees or so, the shed has remained 4 or 5 degrees cooler than the outside temperature, so the insulation and thermal vapour barrier must be working reasonably well!

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Once the ceiling and walls had the insulation installed I then opted for a aluminium thermal vapour barrier. This would stop the hot air from inside the shed meeting the cold air and causing condensation or and future mould growth. I also added more vents to the interior of the shed which I can shut on or off should I want to add air con in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Next I turned my attention to the roof! The idea here was to remove all the rockwool insulation that was packed into the roof space, cut out the none breathable membrane, remove the mould, add ventilation holes at the eaves and air vents into the apex of the roof at the gables and finally replace the old insulation with new rigid 50mm insulation to create a 40mm air gap!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X