No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks mikee, really chuffed with it, table plays great, pockets are not as tight as a tournament table but definitely tighter than a club table, had quite a few rattlers but I've also had a 39 break aswell so very happy with that
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Love the name
      You wouldn't believe how long it took to come up with that lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Paz369 View Post
        Thanks mikee, really chuffed with it, table plays great, pockets are not as tight as a tournament table but definitely tighter than a club table, had quite a few rattlers but I've also had a 39 break aswell so very happy with that
        Yeah I zoomed in on one of your corner pockets and noticed some undercut ,I wouldn’t worry about match pockets being that tight ,there really not ,they may be smaller but due to the shape balls get sucked in rather than spat out ,me and Danger Steve were discussing this last week .Anyway what temp do you keep the room at and how thick is the wood build ,insulation and stuff .Really nice mate love love burgundy floor ,mines the same .Your room looks huge,it seems to have flown up in no time

Comment

• I'm actually quite happy with the pockets, at least when you pot that difficult shot you know you weren't helped by having buckets for pockets.
          At the moment the room is set at 19 degrees, seems to be a comfortable temperature but tbh I'm still playing around with the ac unit to see what works and what doesn't.
          Walls and 44mm thick and there is 50mm insulation floor and ceiling, I was thinking the same thing regarding how quickly it's happened, as soon as it was built I got ppl booked in as quickly as possible, the painful bit was between ordering and waiting for delivery, with nothing to do in the meantime.
          For me the flooring looks bang on, absolutely love that colour in a snooker room also the room is 6m x 10m so plenty of room when we have friends and family over.

Comment

• Fantastic Paz! Chuffed for you! Your game will come on no end now you have your own table.

Get some table heating fitted when you can, it’ll definitely help the life of the cloth and cushions in a shed environment! Also my top tip over the winter months would be to throw a couple of Kingsize duvets over the table when it’s not in use. It’ll stop the cold and damp hardening the cushion rubber and keep the moisture from slowing the cloth down.

Does the table have adjustable muntin brackets fitted? You’ll want to keep your eye on the slates for dipping in the middle! Especially if you do add heaters. I found my muntin bracket bolts had worked loose and caused a slight dip in the slates. It’s taken about a week of slow tightening/adjustment to get them level again.

Comment

• Yeah I'm definitely going to get table heaters soon and will keep an eye out for any dips although I've been assured I won't need the munting supports on my table.
              So between the table heaters and the heating system will that not keep the cold and damp out of the table?

Comment

Yeah I'm definitely going to get table heaters soon and will keep an eye out for any dips although I've been assured I won't need the munting supports on my table.
                So between the table heaters and the heating system will that not keep the cold and damp out of the table?
                You definitely will need the brackets! 100%! Although now your table is in you will need to make something bespoke to avoid having to remove the slates to fit brackets. I think adding heating makes the slates softer somehow and they will dip if not supported, and the best way to support is with a bracket that can be adjusted. I know from my own experience and from having conversations with top table fitters.

If your going to have the heating running 24/7 through winter then you will probably be OK for keeping the building warm and dry, time will tell! Get yourself a humidity meter that you can fit to the wall, this will help keep your eye on the moisture levels.

In my shed I have the table heating on a low setting when not in use and then I’ll crank it up about a hour before play, with the table cover and a duvet on top and the heaters on low this kept the cloth playing nice throughout last winter! The Aircon-heater unit I had programmed to come on and off overnight to keep the temperature minimum 16 degrees (ish) and again I would turn that up to 20 when I wanted to have a knock around. I’ve found this has been the best way of keeping the table protected against the cold while also protecting my electric bills!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

You definitely will need the brackets! 100%! Although now your table is in you will need to make something bespoke to avoid having to remove the slates to fit brackets. I think adding heating makes the slates softer somehow and they will dip if not supported, and the best way to support is with a bracket that can be adjusted. I know from my own experience and from having conversations with top table fitters.

If your going to have the heating running 24/7 through winter then you will probably be OK for keeping the building warm and dry, time will tell! Get yourself a humidity meter that you can fit to the wall, this will help keep your eye on the moisture levels.

In my shed I have the table heating on a low setting when not in use and then I’ll crank it up about a hour before play, with the table cover and a duvet on top and the heaters on low this kept the cloth playing nice throughout last winter! The Aircon-heater unit I had programmed to come on and off overnight to keep the temperature minimum 16 degrees (ish) and again I would turn that up to 20 when I wanted to have a knock around. I’ve found this has been the best way of keeping the table protected against the cold while also protecting my electric bills!
                  Did not someone say that they had their table heaters controlled on their phone so they could turn it up from afar so by the time they got home the table was ready to play
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Agree with what Steve says ,some old tables have 3 or 2 sets of slate bearers (muntins) running off the slates ,you only need one in the middle supporting the weight ,it’s quite important to have that middle bearer touching the slates to stop any dishing over the long term ,2 inch Welsh slate wont move much ,anything else may do over time ,it’s just a good thing to have in the long term .

Comment

• B & W made probably the ultimate table with 12 legs. So there is a pair of legs under each slate joint together with a munitin. Apparently they are hated by table fitters who have to level them!
                      王可

Comment

Did not someone say that they had their table heaters controlled on their phone so they could turn it up from afar so by the time they got home the table was ready to play
                        That would be me

Comment

Morning all, well the cabin is finally finished and ready to enjoy, it really is a dream come true and I'm proper happy with how it turned, totally exceeded my expectations.
                          Gonna be hours and hours of good times had in that Inn!!! 😉 Enjoy it.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It's just a fancy timer plug which works through wifi and an app, you can get them off Amazon for less than twenty pounds
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

You wouldn't believe how long it took to come up with that lol
                              I wanted a brewery ouside lamp for mine. (It actually is indoors, but that is another story). As a boy I used to love the Tetleys lamps with the foxhunting man. I looked on line and people wanted ridiculous prices. There were also other reasons why I got a modern one and just added transfers to the glass. Looks totally authentic.
                              王可

Comment

• Right chaps..... I've been thinking/obsessing about this munting support bracket thing, I had Keith Davis install my table, he's got 40+years of knowledge and experience and he said I definitely didn't need them with this table. Most of you guys say I definitely 100 per cent do and I'm guessing that's through your own personal experience so I'm definitely not doubting you and I completely get you are trying to help and do really appreciate it. I think maybe for this winter I might keep it as is and use the 2 duvet technique when it turns cold, if I've got this right the under table heaters soften the slates and then they dip? The table is playing really well and I'm really enjoying it, there shouldn't be to much cold and damp in there as its temperature and humidity controlled so I will see how I go for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X