No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important thing is keeping away from the old style tube heaters ,massive hotspots and damage over time .

Comment

• I’ve turned my 3 oil heaters under the table on yestaday ,eventually got the temperature just right ,the cloth was at 20 ,it’s now at 23.7 all over after about 3 hours of warming ,there is no direct heat on the slates or frame ,but the speed has increased loads and the humidity of the room is more stable too ,so my positional play is at the moment worse than normal .Steve, what sort of digital read out probe that run on batteries are best , seen some on Amazon for under a tenner , do you just attach the wire to the slate and fit the battery operated readout to the frame side .Any info on this appreciated .Cheers .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
        I’ve turned my 3 oil heaters under the table on yestaday ,eventually got the temperature just right ,the cloth was at 20 ,it’s now at 23.7 all over after about 3 hours of warming ,there is no direct heat on the slates or frame ,but the speed has increased loads and the humidity of the room is more stable too ,so my positional play is at the moment worse than normal .Steve, what sort of digital read out probe that run on batteries are best , seen some on Amazon for under a tenner , do you just attach the wire to the slate and fit the battery operated readout to the frame side .Any info on this appreciated .Cheers .
        My table heaters use a probe that it wired directly of the control unit which is under the table, this is what the heater plug into so it kind of a middle man that controls when they go on and off depending on the temperature I set on my phone app. Not sure would work in your case though? With nothing between the probe and the open air it would just get hot from your oil heaters and give you a false reading? The other monitor I have is on the wall and that’s for room temperature and humidity, but the batteries ran out ages ago, to be honest I near really used it.

On a side note, my Superfine cloth delivery yesterday! Sold my old cloth for £110 . The new superfine is Very thin material compared to the 6811

Comment

• When you putting that on Steve ? and is it really quite noticeably thin compared to 6811 ,be interesting to get your feedback on it over a period of time from day one to a few months later

Comment

• Steve B has a vid where he plays some exhibition type shots and you can see the white gliding round the cloth like it's on ice!! That must be the superfine helping, I mean Steve is brilliant anyway but the cloth must really help on those shots because he just strokes the ball nice.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I noticed on Steve B latest video the cloth is wearing a lot now , but it’s had some hammer every day for well over a year ,so if he’s getting that much play out of it in a club doing lessons that’s not too bad .His table is not heated either , but it looks quick with that superfine on .

Comment

• Superfine is very quick and feels very good. Had mine on for 7 months and it's still in great condition. You'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow Steve

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                  Superfine is very quick and feels very good. Had mine on for 7 months and it's still in great condition. You'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow Steve
                  Looking forward to it

Comment

• My mate told me today that the two tables in a local working club have just been re covered in superfine , now these tables were slow before ,think he’s going tomorrow to have a go

Comment

When you putting that on Steve ? and is it really quite noticeably thin compared to 6811 ,be interesting to get your feedback on it over a period of time from day one to a few months later
                      It is noticeably thinner! By some way actually! I’ll have to be careful stretching it…

Comment

• How frequently do you iron it?
                        王可

Comment

• I have heard once the super fine is on nice and tight you should get away with out a re stretch .Geoff Large did mention to me you have to be careful with these thin cloths putting them on , fitters have been known to tear Hainsworth precision,which , Strachen bought out the super fine to go against the Hainsworth cloth .Ironing is the same as any other Strachen baize as it’s 100% wool ,Hainsworth does not need so much ironing and the iron needs to be set a bit lower on the heat as it has a nylon content of around 7%

Comment

I have heard once the super fine is on nice and tight you should get away with out a re stretch .Geoff Large did mention to me you have to be careful with these thin cloths putting them on , fitters have been known to tear Hainsworth precision,which , Strachen bought out the super fine to go against the Hainsworth cloth .Ironing is the same as any other Strachen baize as it’s 100% wool ,Hainsworth does not need so much ironing and the iron needs to be set a bit lower on the heat as it has a nylon content of around 7%
                            Robert Reed fitted my table and cloth. He didn't fit it too tight on the install and after 3-4 months, it had slackened considerably and definitely needed that restretch.

I iron mine roughly 2 times a week if I'm playing 1-2 hours per day.

Comment

• Wow looks amazing

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                                Look at the legs on that!!

Before - During - After !

Decided to go with the silver look for the table legs, I spent a fair bit of time looking at my options but in the end I actually just prefer the silver to anything else.... I did toy with bronze at one point :uncomfortableness:

The corner legs where pretty bashed up by previous owners using the rest and bumping into the legs, also small scratches and marks around the bottoms of all legs. I gave each leg a good rub down with sand paper and wire wool, 2-pack wood filled any damage and marks, then primed with 2 coats of grey primer, sanding inbetween coats. After that 2 more coats of metallic silver just to give it a slight sparkle! Finally finished them off with a satin spray varnish.
                                Looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X