X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Do everything before the table is set up, including all decorating, table should be last to protect it, just my opinion of course.
    Absolutely! Donโ€™t rush getting the table in! Make sure the room is ready and donโ€™t forget to have a power socket fitted beneath the table should you want to fit table heating or have some fancy LED strip lights, or just to plug in the iron! Very handy to have it there just in case!

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Yes i will make my own thread when the time comes, last week i got news from city gov that the license is approved.
    Now there needs to be a paper at my house window for 30 days to let people in the neighborhood know i have building plans, after the 30 days it is fully approved.

The schedule for now, which i'm looking forward to is
    8 weeks and 1 day before digging and concrete ground base
    9 weeks and 1 day before shed is built
    11 weeks and 1 day before table is set up.

In between the last 2 i need to put insulation in, plasterboards, paint, lights etc, although if that doesn't work out i guess i can do after the table is set up.
    Do everything before the table is set up, including all decorating, table should be last to protect it, just my opinion of course.

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Yes i will make my own thread when the time comes, last week i got news from city gov that the license is approved.
    Now there needs to be a paper at my house window for 30 days to let people in the neighborhood know i have building plans, after the 30 days it is fully approved.

The schedule for now, which i'm looking forward to is
    8 weeks and 1 day before digging and concrete ground base
    9 weeks and 1 day before shed is built
    11 weeks and 1 day before table is set up.

In between the last 2 i need to put insulation in, plasterboards, paint, lights etc, although if that doesn't work out i guess i can do after the table is set up.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Make sure to start your own thread up once work begins! And take plenty of photos

Good luck with it ๐Ÿ‘

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    This shed project really looks amazing, can't wait until mine is built in the fall.
    Expect plenty pictures!

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Sorry, not able to help there. Have you tried a Google search and reading a few reviews, seems to be the best way these days.
    Hi Steve , yes and there's a pretty large amount of them flooding the market so wanted to try and narrow it down. I don't trust some of those " 10 best " type sites but maybe I'll be able to narrow it down with some trusted reviews. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Bumping to get noticed hopefully ๐Ÿ™
    Sorry, not able to help there. Have you tried a Google search and reading a few reviews, seems to be the best way these days.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Can anyone recommend a hot & cold stand alone unit for a garden Room? I was looking at a Dyson unit but cant get them supplied anywhere currently.

Cheers.
    Bumping to get noticed hopefully ๐Ÿ™

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Can anyone recommend a hot & cold stand alone unit for a garden Room? I was looking at a Dyson unit but cant get them supplied anywhere currently.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Good man. Get it right, do it once. My snooker room is a barn conversion, so different issues. It was a long time in the planning but, says he touching wood, I didn't have to redo anything.

In a structure such as yours don't forget humidity. Such places can have condensation problems. Swings in humidity can be a problem where you have something like a table. The wood reacts to humidity changes whereas the slate doesn't. I know such changes are murder on pianos.

I am no guru but have been involved in 3 snooker room projects so by all means PM me if there is something which is more appropriately discussed less publicly.

Leave a comment:

• ashbash
    replied
    Still a fair bit till we do anything want to be clear exactly what I want then drawings quotes and see how we go from there.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Spot on. They certainly look less beaten up.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Very nice job Steve

Leave a comment:

• Frankie6972
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    Look at the legs on that!!

Before - During - After !

Decided to go with the silver look for the table legs, I spent a fair bit of time looking at my options but in the end I actually just prefer the silver to anything else.... I did toy with bronze at one point :uncomfortableness:

The corner legs where pretty bashed up by previous owners using the rest and bumping into the legs, also small scratches and marks around the bottoms of all legs. I gave each leg a good rub down with sand paper and wire wool, 2-pack wood filled any damage and marks, then primed with 2 coats of grey primer, sanding inbetween coats. After that 2 more coats of metallic silver just to give it a slight sparkle! Finally finished them off with a satin spray varnish.
    Looks great

Leave a comment:

• Frankie6972
    replied
    Wow looks amazing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X