Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Not these days with more efficient foils. Though like any heating, the key is having the structure well insulated.
    I've seen a lot of structures where the walls are thick with insulation and very little to nothing in the ceiling/roof which is where the heat will want to rise to. Just normal loft insulation will do the trick.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I've seen a lot of structures where the walls are thick with insulation and very little to nothing in the ceiling/roof which is where the heat will want to rise to. Just normal loft insulation will do the trick.
      :encouragement: I've got 4" celotex to use throughout the walls and ceiling, a bit excessive for a shed but I got it cheap. Similar stuff but load bearing in the floor though not under the legs of the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

If you are going to use a portable calor/lpg heater make sure you read the ventilation requirements as calor uses a lot of oxygen compared to natural gas.
        Dam it... thought i had this sorted. Just been looking into the costs of running a portable gas heater and it could potentially be more expensive than electric at 14p-30p/ kwh depending on where I I buy the gas from, plus bottle deposits etc.

Do you know if connecting to the house main natural gas is OK? I did have an old gas fire in the back room which has been capped off which I could use to feed the shed. Would there be any issues with pressure dropping over the 10m distance to the shed? Would copper pipe be OK to use?

At this rate it might have to be electric heaters after all!

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Dam it... thought i had this sorted. Just been looking into the costs of running a portable gas heater and it could potentially be more expensive than electric at 14p-30p/ kwh depending on where I I buy the gas from, plus bottle deposits etc.

Do you know if connecting to the house main natural gas is OK? I did have an old gas fire in the back room which has been capped off which I could use to feed the shed. Would there be any issues with pressure dropping over the 10m distance to the shed? Would copper pipe be OK to use?

At this rate it might have to be electric heaters after all!
          Running it from the 15mm gas supply wouldn't be any good as too much pressure drop. Vest bet would be to get a decent gas engineer to look at your meter and pipework to see if he can take a supply underground (used to be PE pipe but might have changed) if 10m.

Comment

Too much faff for me! Lol.. I’m going electric much easier, less work and initial cost. But thanks for all the advice!

Comment

Too much faff for me! Lol.. I’m going electric much easier, less work and initial cost. But thanks for all the advice!
              Try and look at something electric then that heats in the winter but cools in the summer, that will ensure you can play all year round.

Comment

Happy New year!!

So I've finally had some time on my hands over xmas and New Year to finish off the woodwork of the main base framework, I've also installed my new LED lighting which I'm very pleased with, thanks to Steve at Barton Snooker for the help on that!

A few pics:

Comment

Let There Be Light

Comment

Starting to build the table back together! :snooker:

Really happy with how the frame looks with the dark mahogany and silver legs. Worth all the weeks of effort and sanding , staining and varnishing to see it come together and look beautifull.

Comment

Finally... I bought some slate support brackets to fit to install. Annoyingly I had to 'craft' the muntin's because the brackets are slightly smaller than the timber. Once fitted I tested them by applying some body weight.

Then this happened!

SNAP!!....

Welds broke! One bracket snapped the welds completely off the captive nut and the other snapped one of the welds.... On further inspection of the remaineding 4 brackets not yet fitted I noticed another tack weld broken..... Not great! If they can't take a little body wieght how are they going to support a 180 KG slate?
                      Last edited by Danger Steve; 6 January 2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Looks like more tacks needed on the brackets!! Love the lights and lovely bit of restoration on that timber Steve, lovin yer work! Have you got a date in mind to complete or is it too difficult to say? I have to admit it would eat away at me and id probably get a bit slip shod from eagerness!! You must enjoy the whole process to get a nice finished article and its worth it cos once its done its done and you want to be really happy with what you have achieved.

Whats a good colour for snooker room walls? Had you thought about that yet?

Keep up the good work!
                        Last edited by Cue crafty; 6 January 2020, 05:24 PM.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Let There Be Light

Looking good Steve...

What LED panels did you go for in the end?

Comment

Some excellent work there Steve , lights look superb .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks chaps.. I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far. New replacement brackets on the way from Peradon so hopefully they'll be up to the job.

The lights are from here:
                              https://www.gws-led.co.uk/collection...ed-panel-light

Comment

Thanks chaps.. I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far. New replacement brackets on the way from Peradon so hopefully they'll be up to the job.

The lights are from here:
                                https://www.gws-led.co.uk/collection...ed-panel-light
                                Did you go for the natural white or the daylight (6000k)?

Comment

Working...
                                X