No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey chaps, not been about for a while, been doing lots of overtime lately trying to get all the cash I need to finish my snooker cabin, thought I'd pop on here and give you a quick update, although to be honest there ain't that much to tell.
    Got the base done a few weeks ago so that's all good to go and had the log cabin delivered Thursday, that is now sitting on my drive waiting for the building crew to come build it on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, got sparky booked for 27th and will start contacting ac companies very soon to see what my options are.
    I decided in the end to go for the louvre lights from abc snooker.
    Also got a new set of balls, went with the aramith tournament champion as they seemed best bang for my buck, a quality item without being a ridiculous price, I'll get the bar delivered as soon as the cabin is built as I've run out of room to put anything. As soon as my electrics are done I can book the table fitter, I'm hoping to be playing by mid October but we'll see...
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Lots of pics not necessarily in the right order

Comment

• Looks like you’ve got a big area and garden there ,what’s your rooms size interior measurements

Comment

• Major advantage being able to get the cement lorry around the back! Gonna be a nice build!
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• The cabin is 6m x 10m and 45mm thick logs, our garden backs on to the Suffolk show ground so a nice massive area to get in and out of and they kindly let me have access for the grab lorry and cement truck otherwise it would have to have been pumped or barrowed about 300ft uphill. Anyone got any thoughts on carpet tiles? Is it worth getting reasonably cheap ones or worth paying a bit more, found some for around £1.80 - 2 per tile and they look reasonable, having said that I know absolutely nowt about carpet tiles

Comment

• Get the best carpet tiles ,not the cheapest .January last year I was informed by the carpet shop the tiles I had ordered were discontinued and they didn’t have enough for my room ,think the price was around

Comment

• Definitely get the best carpet tiles you can afford, we put 100mm insulation in our floor but still went for the best tiles we could, you won't regret it, nothing worse than cold coming up through the floor.
                  just to add it might be worth considering buying a box or two extra of your carpet tiles, as Mikee has discovered they stop production runs pretty quickly so it's handy to have some replacement tiles in case they are needed in the future.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 September 2021, 07:47 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Half my post cut off ,My original carpet tiles were out of stock I got a better quality tile for around

Comment

• Fault on here again

Comment

• try without symbol of "Sterling".
                        Pound or GBP
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Looking good Paz! Good to see they’ve made a proper job of the slab. Definitely make sure you get the best air con, heater & dehumidifier unit you can afford, it makes such a difference.

What table have you gone for?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Paz369 View Post
                            The cabin is 6m x 10m and 45mm thick logs, our garden backs on to the Suffolk show ground so a nice massive area to get in and out of and they kindly let me have access for the grab lorry and cement truck otherwise it would have to have been pumped or barrowed about 300ft uphill. Anyone got any thoughts on carpet tiles? Is it worth getting reasonably cheap ones or worth paying a bit more, found some for around £1.80 - 2 per tile and they look reasonable, having said that I know absolutely nowt about carpet tiles
                            That's a big cabin for a flat pack( don't know the right term) was that off the shelf so to speak or specially made. That's not far off the size we built and that's big! You will certainly have loads of room . We have six feet all around the table and loads of room for a three seater and two seater ,fridge , tea coffe , kettle, microwave etc.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

That's a big cabin for a flat pack( don't know the right term) was that off the shelf so to speak or specially made. That's not far off the size we built and that's big! You will certainly have loads of room . We have six feet all around the table and loads of room for a three seater and two seater ,fridge , tea coffe , kettle, microwave etc.
                              OK, OK…. Show off!!

Comment

• Mikee, I'm on tender hooks here what was the price around? I need to know lol
                                The cabin came from Keops log cabins, I've heard good things from people who have them, good quality apparently but only time will tell I guess. As far as I know it's all bespoke, you tell them what size you want via a quotation form and they give you a price, most companies we looked at didn't go upto 10m off the shelf. We are up to about head height today, should be finished Wednesday... Then the painting begins, inside and out with wood preservative, then another 2 coats outside with a waterproof wood treatment, keep telling myself it's all going to be worth it in the end... ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X