No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did think about fixing them to the underneath of the cross beams but they'll be to close to the table. I had a chat with the guys at abc snooker and they said ideally 5-7 feet above the table and 4ft at a minimum as the light projects out 60 degrees. It's approx 6ft 5 floor to cross beam so by the time you take the thickness of the light unit which is about 4 inches you're talking 3 ft above the table.
    I've got new lights now anyway which I really like and so all good
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Fantastic snooker "barn" there Paz, looking forward to seeing the table set up in there!
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Mine is literally a barn. Perhaps when I fix the problem I might even post some photos.
        王可

Comment

• I saw a video recently where they literally stood on the table's slates to change the roof lighting. I feel that it might damage the slate and affect the slate's level too. What do you recommend?
          Last edited by fkhan; 11 October 2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            I saw a video recently where they literally stood on the table's slates to change the roof lighting. I feel that it might damage the slate and affect the slate's level too. What do you recommend?
            Yeah I’ve seen that one! I couldn’t believe it myself, I cringe when I have people over and they just get one leg on my table

So I’m assuming you want to change a light over your table? If you have to sturdy sets of step ladders then maybe position them either side of the table and use a couple of doubled up scaffold planks to bridge across? I’m sure a bit of weight on the table won’t kill it but like you I’d try and avoid it if I could.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Yeah I’ve seen that one! I couldn’t believe it myself, I cringe when I have people over and they just get one leg on my table

So I’m assuming you want to change a light over your table? If you have to sturdy sets of step ladders then maybe position them either side of the table and use a couple of doubled up scaffold planks to bridge across? I’m sure a bit of weight on the table won’t kill it but like you I’d try and avoid it if I could.
              Thanks. I am gathering information for my future table installation.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Thanks. I am gathering information for my future table installation.
                Then I would try and make sure you have the light in place before the table is fitted, much better way round of doing it if you can!

Comment

• I’m dreading when I need to change the strip lights in the roof ,gonna use two ladders with some sturdy wood across and see if I can hire a dwarf for an hour to walk across and change them . Ok don’t get offended anybody I’m not being serious .

Comment

• Hi all. Might anyone have any old one piece cues for sale? Starting to collect. Many thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by gemmayui01 View Post
                      Hi all. Might anyone have any old one piece cues for sale? Starting to collect. Many thanks
                      You don’t need to ask this on every post ,start you’re own and leave it at that thanks

Comment

• Morning all, well the cabin is finally finished and ready to enjoy, it really is a dream come true and I'm proper happy with how it turned, totally exceeded my expectations.
                        Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Well that room looks the dogs bollox ,table looks great ,how does it play.

Comment

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Love the name
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X