No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive Steve . Can’t wait to see the end product.
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I'm lovin ya work Steve!! Nice choice on the legs, will make look like a tournament champion Riley which I think is their flagship top of the range table?!?! I guess it's a steel block cushion model by the look of the age of the table? Lovely thing to be working on your project, I'm guessing you are constantly wishing you had more time to crack on with it, but don't forget once it's over it's over, just enjoy the process
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Just a standard cushion table, steel cushions are like rocking horse poop, especially cheap ones!... I am however replacing the softwood timber that the rubbers glue to for hardwood custom version, theory being there will hopefully be a fraction less spring in the cushion. I’m no expert but I thought I’d give it a go while I have it apart, it can’t make it any worse!

Comment

Excellent progress Steve, keep pic's coming.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Does anyone have any opinions or experience of using Ex-Tour No.10 cloth? Thurston are offering ex-tournament No.10 cloth for ?160. Deal or False economy? My only thoughts are what do you do about the existing line markings on the cloth?? Can these be removed? I believe they use Tipp-Ex pens on those tables so the TV cameras pickup the white lines easier?

Comment

Dont they use acetone (or something like that) to clean the old lines off.
              the no10 is quite thin so a re-use just be extra careful when doing the stretching and have filled down and smoothed finger nails
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'll have no nails left by the end of this project so that won't be a problem! I have the old cloth which came with the table to have a few practice attempts on before I go with a new cloth.... Torn between the cheap no.10 being offered or play safe and go with the new 29oz 6811

Comment

Dont say torn!
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There will always be a few things in a project that need a compromise, but in this case I dont think the cloth should be one. The playing surface on which you will hopefully spend many enjoyable hours crafting your game, has to be near the very top of the list. Money saving Compromises could be found for lighting and heating that are not state of the art snooker centric solutions.

You will always wonder what the brand new cloth would play like, and it will bug you until you find out.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yep your right.. I think I’ll give the 29oz cloth a try, I know the 30oz is very popular so it should be a good option. Speed I suppose will come down to the under table heating, regular brushing and ironing and a cosy shed! :snooker:

Comment

Looking good Steve.

I'm just in the process of building a snooker shed too, slab ready to pour. I've got all the insulation, door etc and just got to get the timber delivered once the slab is ready.

When you've been looking at lighting have you considered LED panels? That is what I have in mind for mine..

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
                          Looking good Steve.

I'm just in the process of building a snooker shed too, slab ready to pour. I've got all the insulation, door etc and just got to get the timber delivered once the slab is ready.

When you've been looking at lighting have you considered LED panels? That is what I have in mind for mine..
                          The flat panels? I did look at the 2ftx4ft 4000k LED flat panels, about 35 quid on EBay. I was thinking possibly two rows of two with say a foot gap in the middle, so 4 in total. The only thing that puts me off are the frames they come with.

Whats your lighting plan?

Comment

What table are you going for?

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

The flat panels? I did look at the 2ftx4ft 4000k LED flat panels, about 35 quid on EBay. I was thinking possibly two rows of two with say a foot gap in the middle, so 4 in total. The only thing that puts me off are the frames they come with.

Whats your lighting plan?
                              Yes, they sound like the sort of thing I've seen. I had in mind similar to what you suggest, 4 of them.

The table is a Burroughs and Watts which is cosy in my workshop ready to go into the snooker shed as soon as I've got my finger out and finished it!

Comment

Oh cool! Bad time of year to be starting shed projects! Lol

Get a few pics up of what you have so far! Always good to see what others are up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X