Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NonStarter
    replied
    My double block built structure is really great for saving on heating but I must admit it performs better than I'd expect. Even on cold days with the table heaters on, I have the cool air on. The room does show as 'wet' in the winter in the thermostat in the room, so use some heating / dry function of the ac when table isn't being played on

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    We have a thermometer with humidity read out. The air con can be put on dry and that really helps, probably couldn't play in the height of summer or those clammy days without it.

Leave a comment:

• elliefraser
    replied
    Yes, but as my opinion dehumidifiers are very effective to keep cool the inside the room. I am saying as my experienced. So anyone can try with a dehumidifier and you can buy from here https://morrisdirect.co.uk/morris-dehumidifiers. Because I know that this is a very good product, that's why I suggesting you. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I have one! Lol
    yep me too ,and a dehumidifier in the room that will keep the humidity down in the hottest weather .Most of the time on average the humidity is about 51

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    I have a max/min thermometer with humidity in mine. Originally to keep an eye on the temperatures over winter / over night etc

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by RiderJake View Post

I agree that it's easier to play on a good fast table. It was a joke about individual tournaments. Still, I would choose a good fast table over a wet one. I think we'll soon have a humidity gauge hanging above every table. Or does that already exist in some places?
    I have one! Lol

Leave a comment:

• RiderJake
    replied

Good players will just adjust to the table and conditions. The game is just much easier to play imo on a nice fast table!
    I agree that it's easier to play on a good fast table. It was a joke about individual tournaments. Still, I would choose a good fast table over a wet one. I think we'll soon have a humidity gauge hanging above every table. Or does that already exist in some places?

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied

Good players will just adjust to the table and conditions. The game is just much easier to play imo on a nice fast table!
    Your not wrong there mate ..

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by RiderJake View Post

If one person is used to a dry table, he will be unaccustomed to playing on a wet table. After all, it is a different force of impact should be... It will be necessary to hold separate tournaments to play on tables with different humidity

Leave a comment:

• RiderJake
    replied

Sounds like a bad idea to me! It’s just gonna trap heat and warp the main framework of your table? Too much heat can’t be good.

Try not to think of it as ‘heating’ your table, you basically want it set low enough that your cloth feels dry and is nice and responsive. After that I don’t see any reason why cranking it to over 30 degrees C can make it any better?? Dry cloth = less resistance = faster playing surface, Damp (as in moisture content, not wet) = more resistance = slower playing surface.

So no, I wouldn’t put anything like that under my table, but that’s just me
    If one person is used to a dry table, he will be unaccustomed to playing on a wet table. After all, it is a different force of impact should be... It will be necessary to hold separate tournaments to play on tables with different humidity

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by SimonWCue View Post
    Hi Steve,

Just an update on the heating, been a full week now, and love it.

I have had the opportunity to play on Jamie Jones, Jamie Clarke and Matthew Stevens tables over the years, they have this foil sheeting attached to the underneath of the table (lower part of the frame, to keep the heat from escaping, its like the sort of thing that runners use after they finish a long distance run to maintain their body temperature. Wondering if this is something you came across and if it is any good?

Thanks Steve.
    Sounds like a bad idea to me! It’s just gonna trap heat and warp the main framework of your table? Too much heat can’t be good.

Try not to think of it as ‘heating’ your table, you basically want it set low enough that your cloth feels dry and is nice and responsive. After that I don’t see any reason why cranking it to over 30 degrees C can make it any better?? Dry cloth = less resistance = faster playing surface, Damp (as in moisture content, not wet) = more resistance = slower playing surface.

So no, I wouldn’t put anything like that under my table, but that’s just me

Leave a comment:

• SimonWCue
    replied
    Hi Steve,

Just an update on the heating, been a full week now, and love it.

I have had the opportunity to play on Jamie Jones, Jamie Clarke and Matthew Stevens tables over the years, they have this foil sheeting attached to the underneath of the table (lower part of the frame, to keep the heat from escaping, its like the sort of thing that runners use after they finish a long distance run to maintain their body temperature. Wondering if this is something you came across and if it is any good?

Thanks Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by SimonWCue View Post
    Hi Steve,

Massive big thank you for all the advice, followed all your comments closely and everything is working beautifully. Can't believe the difference with this system. One happy chappie.

Thanks again.
    Well done 👍

No Welsh midget required!

Leave a comment:

• SimonWCue
    replied
    Hi Steve,

Massive big thank you for all the advice, followed all your comments closely and everything is working beautifully. Can't believe the difference with this system. One happy chappie.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• SimonWCue
    replied
    [QUOTE=Danger Steve;n1025188]

Yes you can! Just twist them together if it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X