Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Snooker Shed!

Welcome To 'Project Snooker Shed'

OK so I'm going to start this off as a Blog.. I haven't a clue what I'm doing, so go easy! I even had to Google the term 'Blog' just to make sure I'm posting this in the right place??..

I'll try and get some photos added of the actual shed build itself from the start to present day for those who maybe interested in how this was constructed. The project itself began back in June and since then I've been working most evenings and weekends with the hope of being up and running around New Year.... I may have under estimated just how much work is involved to do a 'proper job' and being a perfectionist really hasn't helped!

** UPDATE EDIT** to view all my uploaded photos of the project as they are added to imgBB please click this link > https://ibb.co/album/jwyxGF

This Blog will feature some following topics:
    • Images showing the total construction of the shed from start to finish.
    • Insulation
    • Shed heating
    • Shed electrics
    • Flooring
    • Table lighting
    • Table heating
    • The woodwork refurbishment of a full size Riley Aristocrat snooker table
    • Upgrading the wood block cushions to hardwood blocks
    • Making DIY pocket templates
    • Replacing the cushion rubber
    • Installing under-table heating
    • Table re-assembly
    • New cushion and bed cloth installation
    Last edited by Danger Steve; 30 November 2019, 01:06 PM.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very impressive Steve . How are you heating the space and keeping the temperature at a regular set point ?

Are you heating the table as well ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Very impressive. What are overall dimensions? Looks like plenty space for full size table with plenty space around table.

Comment

Heating will be connected to the house central heating, so a couple of radiators thermostatically controlled, I’ll probably run a de-humidifier if needed. I have several sockets for power running of a garage consumer unit fed from the house. I also have a socket under the table to connect heaters etc, so yes I am going to try and keep the table heated but not so much as to cause any damage. So I’m still thinking of the best approach for that. Not keen on the oil filled heater under the table idea, I think it will look messy?

Dimensions are approximately 6.7m x 4.7, so internally around 30m2, it will be tight when playing off the cushion but I’m at peace with that for now! The difficult part of the build was trying to keep the height under 2.5m for building regs. I wanted to keep as much height as possible inside for lighting over the table and general head room. I had to be inventive and make my own trusses that were strong enough to carry weight with the shallow pitch and spanning the 4.7m but also gave me some height. I think the internal height is around 2.2m, and then there are the slopes near the walls which is still about 1.9m,only being 5’11” it’s plenty for me!
              I did have a slight issue once the boards and roof where felted in that most of the centre trusses sagged by 10mm or so. The solution was to strengthen up the 4x2 with strips of PLY to give them extra strength and to fix 3 steel cable wires attached as low as I could go without them being in my way. I could then jack the walls back together and now everything is holding in place nicely!

More photos still to come!

Comment

Love it Dave, where are you based? and whats the other slab for.
                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Who’s Dave? Lol

The other slab is Shed 2... for all the usual shed items and some extra storage, I don’t want to clutter the snooker shed!

Comment

HI Steve
                    look great.

a word to the wise with using the Images feature in this forum, it is notoriously difficult to mange and has a limit.
                    It would be easier for you in the long run to use a free image-sharing site like TinyPic or ImgBB, without registering, to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
                    In TinyPic, click the “for forum” code, to copy. [Photobucket seems to have turned off the free use for Tinypic ]
                    In ImgBB, change the "Embed Code" to "BBCode full linked", hover over the code, a "copy" will appear, click this.
                    Go to your TSF post and paste. You can do multiple images in a single post.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                      Who’s Dave? Lol

The other slab is Shed 2... for all the usual shed items and some extra storage, I don’t want to clutter the snooker shed!
                      Yeh who is Dave, where did he come from, Brain freeze Steve, sorry about that.
                      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        HI Steve
                        look great.

a word to the wise with using the Images feature in this forum, it is notoriously difficult to mange and has a limit.
                        It would be easier for you in the long run to use a free image-sharing site like TinyPic or ImgBB, without registering, to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
                        In TinyPic, click the “for forum” code, to copy. [Photobucket seems to have turned off the free use for Tinypic ]
                        In ImgBB, change the "Embed Code" to "BBCode full linked", hover over the code, a "copy" will appear, click this.
                        Go to your TSF post and paste. You can do multiple images in a single post.
                        Good idea! I’ll have to sort that out tonight.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

Yeh who is Dave, where did he come from, Brain freeze Steve, sorry about that.
                          Get some Coffee down ya mate! You’ll be fine!

Comment

Is John really Trigger ?

Is Steve really Dave ?
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Is John really Trigger ?

Is Steve really Dave ?
                              Does that make you ‘Del Boy’ Neil?

Comment

Working...
                              X