WLBSA should be ran by Barry Hearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLBSA should be ran by Barry Hearn

Do you think it's time Barry Hearn stepped in to take charge of the ladies snooker as well as World Snooker?

I think it would be a good investment for sport as it would boast the snooker ratings if women where given the same opportunities as the men.

It's nice to see that Barry Hearn is trying to change things for the better within the WPBSA get more tournaments and tv coverage ect. Although I think he should start to turn his attention the Ladies game and try to help them out.

No one seems to help them or give them the credit they deserve, it's a sad state of affairs for the ladies game.

Snooker really should be a co-ed sport. You don't need muscles or strength to play so no reason a woman couldn't compete on par with men. If the ladies are good enough (and some are), let them have a go. I know the ladies currently don't have the same standard as the men but I think that's because of lack of competition or peers that can play well.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

*'Run' by Barry Hearn

I thought the ladies could get tour cards via PTCs if they were good enough?
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I know the ladies are not up to the same standard as the men but there are some women players out there who are good enough to play with the men, like Reanne Evans and Maria. Although apart form Reanne Evans getting the opportunity to play in the PTC none of the other girls/women have been given that opportunity to show how good they are against the men.

PP I believe Barry Hearn has only given a two year wild card to Reanne Evans, as she is 8 x women's world champion. Although he should give Maria that chance to prove herself against the men also.

The women deserve a chance to prove how good of a player they really are on the circuit .

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
          *'Run' by Barry Hearn

I thought the ladies could get tour cards via PTCs if they were good enough?
          I do agree with you ( and the principle of 'if you're good enough..' ), ppl WILL get there. Some may get more luck than others, but in any sport involving balls you will always have that rub of the green to contend with.

IIRC, Reanne Evans was handed a wild card straight onto the tour 2 yrs ago. This caused some uproar at the time as she leapfrogged over far better quality male players ( subjective ), who had to fight their way through the QS. The season she remained on the main tour, she hardly won a match and quickly dropped off after one year.

Comment

Yes I agree that you have to be good enough to even be in with a chance to stay on the main tour and Reanne Evans is a good player I have watched her winning against a few fella in the PTC two years ago.

I think Reanne lost her confidence throughout the few matches that she lost in, having a low self esteem can really affect how you play during a frame or a match as I have experienced this, a lot of snooker players who play snooker will have experienced this throughout the years too.

I believe that that's what happen to Reanne she lost her confidence for a few match and as a result she lost her matches and a spot on the main tour. I could be wrong on this but that's what think happened.

Although like PP and you have said if women are good enough that will be given that chance to shine . Reanne is good enough and she will be back on the main tour within a few years.

Comment

Barry Hearn has no intrest in Small Division which the Ladies are.

I honestly Believe to get Better they Got to mix it with Men and Forget Ladies Snooker.

What Happened with Reanne when she got the Tour Wild Card it was a Culture Shock for her and Because shes used to Playing weak Ladies Players she came unstuck against Anyone to be brutally Honest.

i believe she is Getting Better in the PTC But it will take Time for her to reach that level and im a bit disappointed there's not more Ladies trying PTC and get Better.

Mark Jones the Father of Hannah Jones has said when She gets older and Maybe Finish school he will encourage her to Play in PTC.

Thats the only way Woman Players can improve and maybe One Day be World Champion at the Crucible Beating Luca Brecel in the Final Maybe.

Comment

Let's be honest, NONE of the ladies have ever been able to really hold their own with the men. When Reanne was playing on the EASB's PTT events before being given her Main Tour card, I don't think she ever prgressed to the last 16 stages. Given that Reanne is head and shoulders above ALL oif the other players on the ladies circuit, that really doesn't say much for the general quality of the ladie game.

It follows that if the quality of play isn't there, it's not very watchable, and, thereofre, little scope for Hearn to bring sponsorship to the game and make himself a shed load of money. Therefore, there's no way he'd ever get involved.

There's a lot more of a case for saying he should get involved in the amateur game, though...

Comment

he is Getting involved in the Amataur Game.

Joe Swail got €6,000 yesterday as a Amateur.

These days Amataur players has earning opportunity they never Got before.....

Then instead of a Plate Competition there are Tour spots to be earn in the European Tour

Barry Hearn cant play For them they got to take chances and Run with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                    he is Getting involved in the Amataur Game.
                    But sadly not in the right way. He is enabling good amateurs to totally bypass their NGB's own events by being able to turn pro from PTCs and Q-School. That could be the death knell of the NGBs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
                      But sadly not in the right way. He is enabling good amateurs to totally bypass their NGB's own events by being able to turn pro from PTCs and Q-School. That could be the death knell of the NGBs.
                      so what ?

the amataur game is full of people that is out for what they can get just look at the Farce up in Scotland a Country that Had 12 years as World Champion out of 22 since 1990 But they managed to Run it in to the Ground with Politics.

Let the Players go to Q School Let them Play PTC that is where its at.

in a sort of way the Game has opened up so let these players take their chance at that Level.

Comment

You're missing the point. There are plenty of good players able to hold their own on PTCs and in Q-School. But where are the next wave coming from? If the NGBs can't survive without the more lucrative elite events (certainly in England) for wannabe pros then there aren't going to be the same opportunities to develop the junior talent at national level to provide the next generation of pros.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
                          You're missing the point. There are plenty of good players able to hold their own on PTCs and in Q-School. But where are the next wave coming from? If the NGBs can't survive without the more lucrative elite events (certainly in England) for wannabe pros then there aren't going to be the same opportunities to develop the junior talent at national level to provide the next generation of pros.
                          The Next Wave will come through Academy's like the SWSA and play in Events put on by them in the same fashion as Malcolm Thorne used to at Leicester.

in the Past snooker needed a feeder or amateur tour to give players competitive experience but now its there for them and who knows they could Pit their Wits against a Legend in a PTC.

Comment

If everyone really want snooker and even cue sports to enter the Olympic Games, both of men and women division should be run by a powerful-person. I don't suggest Barry Hearn to involve because his is busy at the moment, maybe WLBSA find another person.

But the main problem is not in the pro association, it's in IBSF and continental associations.

Comment

Not enough money in it for Barry.

I think the only real way forward for women's snooker is to find a female player who can compete at international level against the men. If that ever happens she will get loads of sponsorship and coverage. It hasn't happened yet and maybe never will. I don't know. As long as there is a women's only league which operates at locla snooker league level it is never going to be taken seriously.
                              王可

Comment

Working...
                              X