No announcement yet.

What is happening in Women's Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately, there is the crux of the problem - lacrosse and water skiing are DEFINTELY sports in people's (public/Sport England) eyes, where even the players/fans/officials of snooker cant agree whether it is a sport or a game :frown:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

water skiing is a past-time, not a sport

ladies snooker will never attract sponsor's money as it is simply not competitive in ability or participation and therefore of no public interest and it never will be, a bit like men's synchronised swimming or celebrity darts

Comment

I read in the papers the other day about Reanne being in the world qualifiers this year. It also said her prize money for winning the ladies world championships in 2012 was £450 while Ronnie won £250,000 for winning the mens. WOW!! £450 is unbelievably poor to be world champion in any sport, I've seen guys win more at local pool comps. By the time she paid accommodation and travelling she would have been lucky to be in profit and she was the winner!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
          water skiing is a past-time, not a sport

ladies snooker will never attract sponsor's money as it is simply not competitive in ability or participation and therefore of no public interest and it never will be, a bit like men's synchronised swimming or celebrity darts
          Yeah, cuz you could beat Reanne at snooker. PMSL!

These are the same dodos who said that women's football was a non-starter, and just look how quickly it's growing here, look how much the stars in the US earn. Same muppets said that disabled sport had no chance, but the medal winners are stars earning plenty. Naysayer: nothing is possible, accept the status quo because it suits us and we fear change. Bunch of fearties!
          Last edited by Master Blaster; 5 March 2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post

These are the same dodos who said that women's football was a non-starter, and just look how quickly it's growing here, look how much the stars in the US earn. Same muppets said that disabled sport had no chance, but the medal winners are stars earning plenty. Naysayer: nothing is possible, accept the status quo because it suits us and we fear change. Bunch of fearties!
            Utter utter rubbish,I remember when Alison, mandy, karen and young Lynette were playing in the eighties and they were welcomed with open arms I played Alison twice at pontins and she could play,and yet it still failed to mature,there just ain't the numbers and that's the reason

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              Utter utter rubbish,I remember when Alison, mandy, karen and young Lynette were playing in the eighties and they were welcomed with open arms I played Alison twice at pontins and she could play,and yet it still failed to mature,there just ain't the numbers and that's the reason
              You mean there ain't the numbers here. But you've conveniently forgotten how many women may be playing in Asia. I'm sure you've counted all of them. Snooker is exploding in Asia so who's to say that more women won't come forward from Asia. I think they will eventually. We won't know unless someone tries.

Comment

Yes and when the Asian bubble has burst it will shrink back to its core base

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                  I read in the papers the other day about Reanne being in the world qualifiers this year. It also said her prize money for winning the ladies world championships in 2012 was £450 while Ronnie won £250,000 for winning the mens. WOW!! £450 is unbelievably poor to be world champion in any sport, I've seen guys win more at local pool comps. By the time she paid accommodation and travelling she would have been lucky to be in profit and she was the winner!!
                  One correction. Reanne won the ladies. Ronnie won the world championship open to both men and women. There is no men's championship.
                  王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                    How would World Snooker ban a league?
                    correct ... World Snooker (the WPBSA) is an organisation which runs a professional series of events - whilst it is generally regarded as the custodian of the "snooker rules" it does not have, nor claims to have, any jurisdiction over the amateur game ...

One correction. Reanne won the ladies. Ronnie won the world championship open to both men and women. There is no men's championship.
                    once again correct ... and indeed, I believe World Snooker have invited Reanne to play in the qualifiers for their World Championship - they didn't have to as she no longer has a "tour card" from them but I fully support them in giving her the opportunity ...

Comment

Yes apologies my mistake, I was really just pointing out how poor the ladies prize money was.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post

I thought it was worth posting this link as the discussion had spread to how good women's football is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...s-warm-up.html
                        王可

Comment

What happened to the Chinese girl who was filmed making a 147?
                          王可

Comment

What happened to the Chinese girl who was filmed making a 147?
                            Think that was a Thai girl called Mink at the high end club. She was in the championship league and has a two year card( might be wrong with the card bit).
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Good.

I just have a very, very soft spot for Oriental women. Me current GF is from the Philippines.
                              王可

Comment

My not me! Sorry.
                                王可

Comment

Working...
                                X