Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies UK Snooker Championship Sept 26-27.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have seen them and realise how very far they have to come. You can count the number of women who frequently make centuries on the fingers of 1 hand and those who have made a competitive maximum on the thumbs of one foot.
    王可

Comment

When did you see them what matches and where?

Comment

There's loads of coverage here on Chinese TV.

What I have seen is about pub league standard.
        王可

Comment

Which matches did you watch and where? I wonder where you get your comparison.

Worldwide there are a number of female players that can make centuries - they don't play snooker much cos there is not much money in the sport - a few switched to pool and the prize fund needs to cover travel and expenses or what is the point for players entering?

Last edited by Byrom; 30 September 2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Just look at the scores in that compilation of good shots. That is what tells the true story. Tiny breaks and low scores.
            王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
              Just look at the scores in that compilation of good shots. That is what tells the true story. Tiny breaks and low scores.
              Snooker is not all about big breaks you know - but they can do it if left plumb in obviously -

For me there are different strands to the game and it should be open and developed for young, old, disabled, men and women and the women's game should be supported more in my opinion. That's all I have to say on the subject but I will be going to watch more - they are good it is entertaining and you are wrong.
              Last edited by Byrom; 30 September 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Snooker is about scoring more points than your opponent. The most consistent way to do that is by building large breaks.

I would love to see more people playing snooker. I simply don't see sponsorship at a high level or televising of women's snooker happening as long as the standard is where it is. If there is ever a woman who can hold her own on the pro circuit then that is what is needed. On current form I think that is a highly improbable scenario.
                Last edited by philip in china; 25 September 2023, 08:38 AM. Reason: Tyop
                王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                  Snooker is about scoring more points than your opponent. The most consistent way to do that is by building large breaks.

I would love to see more people playing snooker. I simply don't see sponsorship at a high level or televising of women's snooker happening as long as the standard is where it is. If there is ever a woman who can hold her own on the pro circuit then that is what is needed. On current form I think that is a highly improbable scenarion.
                  Like I say they get breaks - Ng got 70's 80's and 90's at the last event and beat Evens 4-1 in the final at the Northern Snooker Centre in Leeds - standard was good in my honest opinion - you can have your opinion on snooker and the women having to compete with the men on the pro tour - but as a snooker fan I can appreciate the standard as it is for them now and don't think they need to compete with men on the main tour to do that.

I would get behind disabled snooker or women's snooker or pro snooker or county snooker or junior snooker or league snooker or just a friendly knock about - I can appreciate it for what it is.

A wonderful game to be enjoyed by all - THE END

Comment

Working...
                  X