No announcement yet.

Classic Snooker videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I share your appreciation of Jimmy, I watched Alex when i was about 10yrs old, but Jimmy took over as my hero as Alex faded. The fact he was Alex's mate and kinda had the go ahead from him to carry on the "people's champion"mantle, made it easier. Jimmy's playing style and flair were a joy to watch.

ROS has been a favourite since after Jimmy's losses in the WC finals, it was like finally getting the whole package with Ron, flair, genius but fulfilled potential too, he is like a mixture of the two but with the software upgrade that fixed the bugs...
    sigpicNo cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      I share your appreciation of Jimmy, I watched Alex when i was about 10yrs old, but Jimmy took over as my hero as Alex faded. The fact he was Alex's mate and kinda had the go ahead from him to carry on the "people's champion"mantle, made it easier. Jimmy's playing style and flair were a joy to watch.

ROS has been a favourite since after Jimmy's losses in the WC finals, it was like finally getting the whole package with Ron, flair, genius but fulfilled potential too, he is like a mixture of the two but with the software upgrade that fixed the bugs...
      Yep pretty much echoes my thoughts. As I say I was too young to appreciate Alex fully when he was playing (I can only have been about 7 or 8?) but having watched youtube videos of him I have appreciated far more. Personally I'm pleased that Jimmy is still loving and playing the game and Ronnie too. JMHO the game is poorer without some characters like them.

Comment

• Best of China Open 2019
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsHNf07qAsk

Comment

• Some exhibition stuff by Alex Higgins
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3byR1neIm8

Comment

• 10 best shots of the legendary Dracula Reardon!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GscSG44UMGw

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              I share your appreciation of Jimmy, I watched Alex when i was about 10yrs old, but Jimmy took over as my hero as Alex faded. The fact he was Alex's mate and kinda had the go ahead from him to carry on the "people's champion"mantle, made it easier. Jimmy's playing style and flair were a joy to watch.

Yeah Jimmy is great, and i like that he's friendly and open to talk to people, only a few weeks ago when i saw him in a local club here.
              I had several favorite players over time, Jimmy was my first (and still is) Hendry and Ronnie, Paul hunter was also very likeable.

Comment

• I could watch hours of footage from matches in the 90s when Hendry and John Higgins were potting machines. I taped loads of matches to VHS tapes around that time mostly first or second round matches from the world championships but most of the tapes were thrown away before I could digitise them. I think I might still have the tape of the 1997 final when Ken Doherty beat Hendry 18-12. Another match I taped from around that time was a first round morning session in the world championship between Wattana and Hendry. Wattana kept missing blacks from the spot like it was the first time he picked up a cue.

I would pay for a DVD of the mid session 'fun' parts they put together. One I remember but for the wrong reasons is when the referees did their own version of The Full Monty.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                X