What Happened To The Pool Forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To The Pool Forum?

Doesn't seem to work. Just redirects back here?

it was closed down some years ago.
    Up the TSF!

Comment

Ahh, pity. Haven’t seen a UK pool forum?

Comment

I thought it might work as I play UK pool as well, never mind
        Up the TSF!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I thought it might work as I play UK pool as well, never mind
          Not even worth having a sub-forum like the billiards one?

Comment

I thought more than billiards as many play pool in pubs etc

I haven't played billiards for many a year but try to watch when I can.
            Up the TSF!

Comment

Well, if you open the sub-forum in cue sports I'd certainly post in there.

Comment

not part of my remit unfortunately
                Up the TSF!

Comment

Ahh, OK. Do you know of a UK pool forum outside of this site?

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
                    Ahh, OK. Do you know of a UK pool forum outside of this site?
                    I'd look at finding a Facebook group / community, Folk hardly use forums anymore - look at whats happened to TSF - same dozen or so regular posters, pretty much answering the same questions.

There are a few groups for UK 8 ball / 9 ball etc not sure of their quality though as I dont really play pool, but I joined a few of the streaming setups' groups like Elite and they're quite busy and social places.
                    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                      I'd look at finding a Facebook group / community, Folk hardly use forums anymore - look at whats happened to TSF - same dozen or so regular posters, pretty much answering the same questions.

There are a few groups for UK 8 ball / 9 ball etc not sure of their quality though as I dont really play pool, but I joined a few of the streaming setups' groups like Elite and they're quite busy and social places.
                      Cheers BC. Yes, FB does seem to have taken over that domain now. Will have a look.

Comment

I know for these two:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/
                        http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/forum.php

I don't post on either of them, just do the reading from time to time if there is something interesting. Also, I would probably post something here if we had pool subforum or topic at least since I love the game

Comment

Azbilliards doesn't really discuss UK 8 ball, not sure if there's a subforum on pro9, but it's really a 9 ball forum (hence the website address). Azbilliards is probably the most active cuesports forum i've come across, so lot's of information there- but alot is about American cues, tournaments, players and leagues, as well as alot of pro-gun and anti-immigration threads in the non-pool related (NPR) subforums. Don't want to over-generalise, but AZB members are heavily conservative, so if you are more liberal, i'd steer well clear of NPR threads.

Comment

Working...
                          X