FORUM UPGRADES - Issues / Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUM UPGRADES - Issues / Suggestions

Following the updates to TSF Website , can you please list below any issues that you have found or any suggestions .

I have noticed a few :

1- ' Todays Posts ' - Only appears when you are not logged in .

2- ' Search Facility ' - Not working

3- ' Logging In ' - Doesn't keep your information

4- ' Mein Profile ' - My Profile

5- TSF Rules Banner - Too large

6- Forums - Clean up main page , too much information and a number of sections are obsolete
    Neil

when googling a snooker topic i.e. a particular cue manufacturer and google displays results from snookerforum and link is followed, it appears there is no retention of the history of the site that went before update

Comment

I've seen this. Also tried searching the site, for the articles where links don't work, and I'm not finding any search results.

Comment

yep, noticed this as well, I think the search-index has not been done yet?
        Up the TSF!

Comment

Originally posted by balkend View Post
          when googling a snooker topic i.e. a particular cue manufacturer and google displays results from snookerforum and link is followed, it appears there is no retention of the history of the site that went before update
          I will pass this on , thanks very much for advising me .
          Neil

Comment

When I pick a topic from the list of activities( whats new) all is fine, when I am done reading that topic, i hit back on my windows screen (left arrow) only it does not take me to the results of latest activity it brings me to the board page, so I must start all over again at latest activity etc... its a pain... Thank You,
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

Comment

In the old Forum, posts were automatically displayed chronologically, with the latest at the top. In order to view the same thing now, I must first hit Latest Activity, then I must hit the Filter drop-down arrow, and toggle New Topics to OFF. Seems a lot of work to do each time I visit. Can this be simplified? Or made the default view?

Comment

Doesn't seem to be any mobile phone app available on playstore.
                Up the TSF!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanwinkle View Post
                  In the old Forum, posts were automatically displayed chronologically, with the latest at the top. In order to view the same thing now, I must first hit Latest Activity, then I must hit the Filter drop-down arrow, and toggle New Topics to OFF. Seems a lot of work to do each time I visit. Can this be simplified? Or made the default view?
                  Agree 100% with this point also when a discussion is revisited it opens on page 1 of it , sometimes back to 2016 etc. you get page 1 of maybe 385 pages when its the current page , 385 you want . It necessitates filtering to posts in last week / today . Would it be better if discussion opened on page 385 , the latest page ?. Thanks to Neil Taperell for taking the time and effort to improve the layout

Comment

Agree 100% with this point also when a discussion is revisited it opens on page 1 of it , sometimes back to 2016 etc. you get page 1 of maybe 385 pages when its the current page , 385 you want . It necessitates filtering to posts in last week / today . Would it be better if discussion opened on page 385 , the latest page ?. Thanks to Neil Taperell for taking the time and effort to improve the layout
                    Agreed. Even the option in settings somewhere that you can change from "first post" to "latest post" when you view any topic ? Maybe I've just missed it.

Comment

I have sent these latest set of comments / suggestions to the website designer , thanks for all of them . Please keep them coming , even if you think they are only a minor issue .

And also thank you for your comment about me , obviously myself & Dean don't get paid to do any of this but as my mate owns TSF I don't mind trying to help out to make this a decent forum . I am a bit busy with work at the moment but trying to do the best i can . Unfortunately not many people like changes in life in general , me included ! But hopefully over time we can get this to be a more streamlined and efficient forum .
                      Neil

Comment

'Today's Posts ' now appearing on the Main Page when logged in .
                        Neil

Comment

yep, one off the list
                          Up the TSF!

Comment

Originally posted by neil taperell View Post
                            'Today's Posts ' now appearing on the Main Page when logged in .
                            Nice one. Well done to the techies

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty50 View Post

Nice one. Well done to the techies
                              It's good to talk !
                              Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X