No announcement yet.

FORUM UPGRADES - Issues / Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like you know something about these things?
    more than me at least
    Up the TSF!

Comment

Hi all
      Ever wondered what the little speech bubble next to the user's name on the left of their post is?
      This is an Instant Messaging function, that you can use for a private conversation, not the same as PM,
      Now, I don't know how the IM notification displays, if anyone wants to try with me

Also to the bottom left you will see a little coloured spot, hover the mouse indicator over this and you will see their user's status, online = green, grey = offline, etc.

edit - Thanks to JRC for a chat apologies for the delay in replying. The notification appears at the Messages on the top bar.
      Last edited by DeanH; 9th June 2019, 04:38 PM.
      Up the TSF!

Comment

This forum is getting more convoluted and dying in the water with very passing day. it would be a big personal loss to me if it folds as I joined just before the "upgrade" when the opening web page, on a green background , listed the most recent posts starting with today, yesterday , the day before etc. , a full page of it listed down plus the number online names and number of guests online all recorded in a little rectangle on opening webpage. The upgrades are killing the site . I joined a few days before the upgrade , have given the new format a chance to prove itself but its a non runner . Its a maize to find anything and it seems that few new posts are created and few are visiting. It seemed healthy and robust before , now its becoming an endurance test. The moderators are excellent but the format is choking it

Comment

I live in Ireland and have loved snooker passionately all my life , watched it in black and white when BBC showed Pot Black years ago . watched John Pulman , Perri Mans , Eddie Charlton Ray Edmonds from Cleethorps etc and suspect many members here have a long history of Snooker . When they visit this forum in its present guise it repels them from visiting again.

Comment

this site is a piece if S@$T after the upgrades. I have said it before and I repeat it now. I just cant understand why break something that's working. Listen to the voice of the customer. In that case us and return the old format

Comment

What a well worded and polite post that is Sanman . Really constructive and helpful .

A couple of things for you to understand :

1- The site isn't changing back
              2- The upgrades were 3 years worth , were it hadn't been upgraded on a regular basis .
              3- The site is still going through upgrades and isn't completed yet [ a transition period ]
              4- I am meeting the owner and the Tech team very soon in person to go through the issues .

We don't like change as a rule , me being one . But I have now got used to the new layout , and it isn't that different from the previous one .

Neil

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                this site is a piece if S@$T after the upgrades. I have said it before and I repeat it now. I just cant understand why break something that's working. Listen to the voice of the customer. In that case us and return the old format
                Iím not a fan of change either but you need to appreciate that nothing stays the same forever. Iím not a ďtechyĒ either but I know enough to appreciate that in the world of computers change is unavoidable. I get updates to my PC regularly eg bug fixes, improved security. Some of the changes I like, some I hate and some donít affect me. Just keep cool mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Iím not a fan of change either but you need to appreciate that nothing stays the same forever. Iím not a ďtechyĒ either but I know enough to appreciate that in the world of computers change is unavoidable. I get updates to my PC regularly eg bug fixes, improved security. Some of the changes I like, some I hate and some donít affect me. Just keep cool mate.
                  Thanks mate however I no longer enjoy this site anymore. Also no email notifications anymore so another issue for the techies to deal with

Comment

Its only the opening page that is the problem I feel. The site is high quality and content is great , I am grateful for all the moderators hard work and effort .

Comment

Opening page on the Forum is also my issue , but I need to sit down with the guys to simplify it .
                      Neil

Comment

My home screen now shows the normal green background and The Snooker Forum at the top of the page.

Comment

The latest upgrade appears to now not have the 2 arrows that would direct you to the last post on a topic . I really liked that icon .
                          Neil

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            The latest upgrade appears to now not have the 2 arrows that would direct you to the last post on a topic . I really liked that icon .
                            I used to see the little two-arrow blue icon that took you directly to the post but that has disappeared in this latest update; need to scroll through to the latest post int he topic
                            Up the TSF!

Comment

I have closed the other thread, please make all comments here. Goto last post arrow icon now back along with all the other missing images.

You also now have two themes to choose from Amazon (Which is a dark theme) & Amazon Light (Which is a light theme)

Comment

Ferret you say (in the closed thread) the "Got To Last Post" icon is back, I have logout, closed browser session and logged back in and I don't see them,.
                                Up the TSF!

Comment

Working...
                                X