Should i get a PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i get a PSP?

Well everyones advice on snooker has helped me out greatly, so i thought i'd ask your opinions on Sony's PSP, if anyone has one what do you think of them? worth spending £180 of my hard earned?!
    "To be walked over, you have to be lying down"

Oh and how good is Green Triangle Chalk!!!!! love the stuff!!

Yes, do get one. Make sure you get a 512MB or 1GB memory stick, and you can use it as an MP3 and MP4 player. If you're just playing games on it, it probably isn't worth it, but if you want to use all the features, then definitely buy one.

Comment

My advice would be no. Get yourself on e-bay and get a NES. Now that's entertainment!

http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/nes/nes.jpg
      Yeah.....

Comment

As a PSP owner, i would say that you should consider getting one. Though i suppose it depends on what type of games your looking for, as quite a few are just console conversions. Though while the games/movies are expensive the machine itself is brilliant, also the one problem area that comes with the PSP is the poor battery life. So overall if you like the games they offer then buy one as its such a great handheld, superior to the DS in my opinion and great value for your money

Comment

YES YES and YES. They are very good. Some great games available. I also have access to a DS and its rubbish. You can tell by the fact that most DS games are between 16 and 128 MB, whereas some PSP games are as big as 1.5 GB, so the DS games are very basic in comparison.
          I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
            YES YES and YES. They are very good. Some great games available. I also have access to a DS and its rubbish. You can tell by the fact that most DS games are between 16 and 128 MB, whereas some PSP games are as big as 1.5 GB, so the DS games are very basic in comparison.
            shame your 3 years late
            2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Didnt read date of post as I am new here.
              Also, some other members may read this and hopefully not be dumb enough to buy a DS.
              Just doing my bit for the intellectually challenged!!
              I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

I think you meant you're too, not your!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
                  I think you meant you're too, not your!!!!!!!

ive spelt it your all my life lol

anyway spelling dont matter on here (i hope)
                  2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

I'd have to say a resounding "NO!". I was a very early adopter of the PSP and imported mine from Japan before they were available in this country. At first I was amazed (See Ridge Racer!) however there has yet to be a single game to better the launch line up... Not for me at least.

Not enough titles being released, and those that are do not have the quality. I'd advise you hold out for the next generation, as I don't think the PSP has much life left.

If you are adamant you want a portable console now I'd go for the DS without a doubt. I'd always imagined this to be a "kiddy" console but my sister got one for her birthday and it is hardly ever switched off... If she's not on it then my mother is... And even I sneak in the odd go! The games are different but are much better designed for portable game play. We all know games that you might play on your PS3 or Xbox 360 are fantastic... But these games simply cannot port to the small screen... And that's why they don't work. The PSP tries to bring your favourite full screen titles with you on your travels but the compromise is too big. Instead the DS focuses on its strengths and produces consistently quality games.

Finally, if you have to listen to only one sentence from this message: Do not listen to the poor reasoning given by tony9ball68 for buying a PSP rather than a DS. I've never heard such a ridiculous statement regarding file size relating to quality of game. Maybe we all like Lord of the Rings in its full several-hundred page glory... But sometimes we want the odd magazine to read, right? Is Lord of the Rings instantly the better read, because it has more pages? I'd have thought from snooker of all sports people might realise that it's not always about the glitz and glamour but about substance. Certainly, I'd pick the PC game Uplink (Installation size: 40 MB) over any PC game... Odd? No, it's a fun, immersive game that I enjoy playing... I couldn't give a monkeys how big the files sitting in a folder I'm never going to look in are.

Either way, both consoles have relative advantages and disadvantages. If it were me, I'd hold out... But if I had to pick I'd grab a DS (Or more importantly, I'd avoid the PSP).

EDIT: Only just noticed that somebody has replied to a fantastically old post for no reason I guess I wasted my time perfecting my reply... But at least my statement of the PSP feeling aged really does prove itself now.
                    Last edited by LavaChild; 24 April 2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

all 'bout 360 son

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe.. View Post
                        all 'bout 360 son
                        yep 360 is the best and xbox live on cod4 is better than life its self
                        So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
                        World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                        World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                        Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
                        http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Originally Posted by drlog147 View Post
                          yep 360 is the best and xbox live on cod4 is better than life its self
                          true saying!
                          modern warfare II is out november

Comment

i love my psp

Comment

Go for a slim and light and learn how to run Custom Firmware on it, its much better then.

Comment

Working...
                              X