iSnooker - need questions answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSnooker - need questions answered

I downloaded the free version of this a few days ago and have to admit it's probably the most realistic sim out there, but I have many questions I need answering.

1. How do you nominate a colour when snookered?

2. Why do so many of my attempted pots miss when I aim directly in the heart of the pocket (full aiming aid switched on) and hit the cueball dead in the centre? Some shots miss by almost a ball's width, despite aiming in dead center of the pocket?

3. And why on earth does it automatically end the frame if you require snookers at the point at which your opponent ends his break? The games called snooker, for heaven's sake!

4. Is there any way of setting the pace of the table, and more specifically the cushion bounce? The cushion bounce is way too... err, bouncy.

5. Are they ever going to address the awful, unsyncronised ball click sfx?

6. How much does the game proper cost?

Thanks in advance.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

1 - Right click on the color

2 - You must see the margin of error, on angle shots the error increase, you can turn that on the options (Draw error sight lines)

3 - Depends on how many points you need, dunno exactly, but if you need only one snooker it dont end.

4 - hmmm no.. maybe on pro version

5 - 23GBP/Year, you can play online tournaments, etc.. its the best snooker game you can find. Free game (10 red) is good as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by mazur View Post
      2 - You must see the margin of error, on angle shots the error increase, you can turn that on the options (Draw error sight lines)
      Yes, I did notice this, mazur, but when I entered the lobby and had a few frames againsts the online players, their potting was much better. So if I'm aiming directly into the middle of the pocket and hitting the cueball dead centre, what are the others doing differently to ensure their pots go in consistently?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I generally try to aim at the inner side of the pockets. But using side spin will make everything complicated.
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
          I generally try to aim at the inner side of the pockets.
          I'll try that then. Thanks, montoya.

Comment

I stick to Funkysnooker. The spin isn't too realistic but it's free, lots of tournaments, good ranking system and a great community feel. It's also very enjoyable when you have mastered spin and power as pooting isn't difficult so you can make some massive breaks easily. My highest on there is 143.

Comment

Working...
            X