Snooker computer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker computer game.

Saw this on the World snooker YouTube site.

This new snooker game looks good and the mechanics of trajectory of the cue ball is quite realistic.

https://youtu.be/MtIahMKZyYg

Murphy's Aston DB11 looks tasty too. I thought he would drive a SUV Range Rover (with his physical stature!).

Murphy was playing as Mark Allen and Allen was right handed ??

Comment

I thought Mark was a Leftie
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Snooker computer game.

he is

but a rightie on the rest?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Finally. Some footage (of sorts) of Snooker19. I suspect an official gameplay trailer will follow in the new year.

It looks promising. It doesn't look like you can play from a first-person perspective in the way you could the last few instalments of the WSC Real games, but I'm still liking what I see here.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by zimrahil View Post
            Murphy was playing as Mark Allen and Allen was right handed ??
            Good point. A trifle worrying that they can't even get a simple detail like that correct.

I really hope you aren't forced to play as one of the pros. That would ruin the whole game for me.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Good point. A trifle worrying that they can't even get a simple detail like that correct.

I really hope you aren't forced to play as one of the pros. That would ruin the whole game for me.
              It’s plagued all snooker games that animate AI, developers seem incapable of getting all players handedness correct

Another observation is that the animations of the players after they finish their stroke (way they stand up) looks exactly the same as WCS2003 (or maybe WCS2004?). Animations from WSC2005 were perfect, smooth and realistic for all types of shots so I wish they could be similar!

Early days but these points do concern me

Comment

It’s plagued all snooker games that animate AI, developers seem incapable of getting all players handedness correct
                Maybe there's no left-handed mocap actors out there

Another observation is that the animations of the players after they finish their stroke (way they stand up) looks exactly the same as WCS2003 (or maybe WCS2004?). Animations from WSC2005 were perfect, smooth and realistic for all types of shots so I wish they could be similar!

Early days but these points do concern me
                I'd have to take another look, but I do agree 2005 was probably the best instalment of the WSC series. The graphics were always third rate compared to other games of the time, but it was the one that 'felt' most like playing snooker.

Comment

Can’t wait for this, been so long since I played a proper snooker game, Pure Pool snooker pack is basically clunky pool on a snooker table with no depth.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jimmy Brown Sauce View Post
                    Can’t wait for this, been so long since I played a proper snooker game, Pure Pool snooker pack is basically clunky pool on a snooker table with no depth.
                    Hopefully this game is going to bridge that gap between simulation and the highly forgettable console efforts we've had over the last few years. If you want all out simulation we have Virtual Pool 4 and Shooter's Pool but as brilliant as those games are they're PC only. Like you I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Comment

Still no news on a release date. This has all the signs of one of these incomplete games that ends up falling through. Unless they're planning on an April release to coincide with the WC.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        Still no news on a release date. This has all the signs of one of these incomplete games that ends up falling through. Unless they're planning on an April release to coincide with the WC.
                        I'm fairly confident we will see it released and it has to be better than the last WSC game, which isn't exactly a high bar. In the little that we've had there is probably more promotion than I've ever seen for a snooker game. I think the lack of release date is somewhat promising actually. The last thing we want to see is an ambitious date and have the developers rushing to meet it.

I suspect you are right that it will release at the World Championships. Snooker promotion is high during that time frame and it isn't going up against too many other major titles. That said, they could probably afford to release during the christmas season since their player base is likely a lot different than that of Call of Duty or many of the other major titles.

My major concern at this time is that the shooting mechanics look similar to those old golf games. I've become accustomed to using the joy stick and find it a bit more immersive.

Comment

The best virtual 3d snooker game is on popgamebox:

http://www.popgamebox.com/snooker-net.shtml

It requires practise and you can play online with thousands of players. They have tournaments too but those opponents are extremely good!

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                            The best virtual 3d snooker game is on popgamebox:
                            Seriously?? It's snooker on a pool-size table, and the balls move like you're playing on sand

There's only two snooker sims worth playing, and they are VP4 and Shooter's Pool.
                            Last edited by Billy; 7 February 2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

It'll come eventually. It's not unusual for games to be announced 6-12 months before release, especially when they're releasing on multiple platforms.

Comment

Working...
                              X