X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Matty66 View Post
    Does starting a new career override your current career?
    Yes. I'm 99% sure it does.

Leave a comment:

• Matty66
    replied
    Does starting a new career override your current career?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by trying View Post
    as others have said opponent rolling every ball in dead weight.
    That was fixed in the patch. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's certainly not on every shot like it was before.

The one that gets me is the computer opponent's obsession with the yellow ball; pots a long red from the baulk end and lands perfectly on the black, then gets down and drops the yellow in, leaving himself on the baulk cushion

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    I've got it on the XBox. Had the update yesterday and the only thing I've actually noticed since is that the transitions are now blue (an just as annoying!)
    General game play is ok.

Playing as Jimmy White (even though he shouldn't be allowed a tour card ) I've won a couple of ranking tournaments, lost in the semi final a couple of times. Rank started about 74 I think now ranking 24. Highest break to date 133.

Probably my biggest niggle with it is being almost impossible to judge angles of cushions because of the views available (or having no rebound guide line - unless I haven't found it yet!)
    Not being able to move around the table is frustrating.
    As others have mentioned the transition between shots (new one included) is rubbish.
    There seems to be quite a few rule oddities.

Minor niggles are plenty... inc...
    opponent often plays with the rest despite definitely not needing to?!
    as others have said opponent rolling every ball in dead weight.
    Commentary is often irrelevant and repetitive.

I reckon there'll be a lot of second hand copies floating around soon.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Ah, vmax is probably part of the development team then.

-
    Must be an in-joke. No comment

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker ....
    Ah, vmax is probably part of the development team then.

-

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Matty66 View Post
    Not had that problem yet thankfully.
    Give it time

Joking aside it's a bit of a game breaker, really, because I'm genuinely reluctant to play what is a very common and effective safety shot.
    Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matty66
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker - clearly some cross-over confusion with snookering behind a free ball). A rep from the game says they are working on several rule errors for the next patch.
    Not had that problem yet thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker - clearly some cross-over confusion with snookering behind a free ball). A rep from the game says they are working on several rule errors for the next patch.

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    So I bought the game on Friday and have played it over the weekend.

General game play is ok, but there are some fundamental issues, one of which is it does't know all the rules of snooker. An example came in the very first frame i played. I managed to get to a point where I was ahead by more than the points on the tally on the table (3 snookers) and yet when i missed playing out of a snooker they had the option to put me back. This ended up going to a re-spot where, they fouled on the black and yet we were free to continue to play on until it was legally potted.

Online play with a 30 sec shot clock is a bit of a joke, you can't look around the table and play your shot in that time frame, maybe if there was a birdseye camera view it would help.

In general, it not as difficult as some people have said to make frame winning contributions, i made a century clearance in my 3rd frame of playing, but in order to do so i played shots that i wouldn't have played in reality. ie you break building has to change to suit the game, long straight shots are far easier than short half ball cuts. even ones a foot from the pocket are difficult.

I'd give it 6/10 if i'm being generous

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    The guy says he stands by his decision not to include a character creator, but in the same breath acknowledges how many people were disappointed to find it wasn't there, and that "it's something I'd like to add in at some point."

I can't see it happening for this instalment because it would require so much more than a patch, which is sad because the game will never be what I hoped it would be until I have the option to play as 'me'.

Leave a comment:

• Matty66
    replied
    Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The game is decent it just has small area that needs work, plus there was a interview with some YouTube lad and the designer of snooker 19 an he said they willing to address the issues also he said online will have big changes plus no countdown or shot clock between friends gaming together an how many frames we can play will be a choice. Thing is with past games he mentioned that old snooker games didn't have patches back then but now they can do all those things. So makes it little easier for them to hear our feed back an address on what fans of snooker want to see or fix.

Sounds promising, check YouTube can't remember the guys channel but try snooker 19 an there will be on there from where I found the interview.
    This is the video. https://youtu.be/JFpulo-0OPc

Leave a comment:

• oneshot
    replied
    The game is decent it just has small area that needs work, plus there was a interview with some YouTube lad and the designer of snooker 19 an he said they willing to address the issues also he said online will have big changes plus no countdown or shot clock between friends gaming together an how many frames we can play will be a choice. Thing is with past games he mentioned that old snooker games didn't have patches back then but now they can do all those things. So makes it little easier for them to hear our feed back an address on what fans of snooker want to see or fix.

Sounds promising, check YouTube can't remember the guys channel but try snooker 19 an there will be on there from where I found the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
    Oh dear, comments are not looking too good [...]
    There's a decent snooker game in there... it's just very well hidden in its present state.

Leave a comment:

• tony9ball68
    replied
    Oh dear, comments are not looking too good, I may however buy it when the switch version is released as it can be played handheld and hopefully they will improve it before that version is out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X