No announcement yet.

Snooker 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker - clearly some cross-over confusion with snookering behind a free ball). A rep from the game says they are working on several rule errors for the next patch.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker - clearly some cross-over confusion with snookering behind a free ball). A rep from the game says they are working on several rule errors for the next patch.
      Not had that problem yet thankfully.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matty66 View Post
        Not had that problem yet thankfully.
        Give it time

Joking aside it's a bit of a game breaker, really, because I'm genuinely reluctant to play what is a very common and effective safety shot.
        Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 07:19 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The rule errors are well documented by now (don’t trickle up behind a colour after potting a red because the ref will call you for an illegal snooker ....
          Ah, vmax is probably part of the development team then.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Ah, vmax is probably part of the development team then.

-
            Must be an in-joke. No comment

Comment

I've got it on the XBox. Had the update yesterday and the only thing I've actually noticed since is that the transitions are now blue (an just as annoying!)
              General game play is ok.

Playing as Jimmy White (even though he shouldn't be allowed a tour card ) I've won a couple of ranking tournaments, lost in the semi final a couple of times. Rank started about 74 I think now ranking 24. Highest break to date 133.

Probably my biggest niggle with it is being almost impossible to judge angles of cushions because of the views available (or having no rebound guide line - unless I haven't found it yet!)
              Not being able to move around the table is frustrating.
              As others have mentioned the transition between shots (new one included) is rubbish.
              There seems to be quite a few rule oddities.

Minor niggles are plenty... inc...
              opponent often plays with the rest despite definitely not needing to?!
              as others have said opponent rolling every ball in dead weight.
              Commentary is often irrelevant and repetitive.

I reckon there'll be a lot of second hand copies floating around soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
                as others have said opponent rolling every ball in dead weight.
                That was fixed in the patch. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's certainly not on every shot like it was before.

The one that gets me is the computer opponent's obsession with the yellow ball; pots a long red from the baulk end and lands perfectly on the black, then gets down and drops the yellow in, leaving himself on the baulk cushion

Comment

Does starting a new career override your current career?

Comment

Originally Posted by Matty66 View Post
                    Does starting a new career override your current career?
                    Yes. I'm 99% sure it does.

Comment

I playing the online mode more than the career. (Getting one or 2 decent wins) got a 4/4 record (2 of those wins though they just quit) and my losses I got thrashed but really enjoying the online portion more

Comment

Originally Posted by NUT View Post
                        I playing the online mode more than the career. (Getting one or 2 decent wins) got a 4/4 record (2 of those wins though they just quit) and my losses I got thrashed but really enjoying the online portion more
                        Nah, career for me. It seems from what's being said on the reddit sub that 90% of online players are exploiters and cheats, with no real interest in snooker itself.

Comment

Bought it today, seems good but my aiming view is stuck on the view you see when your watching the telly. I can't aim whilst behind the cue like I've seen everyone online.
                          Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

I have many snooker games on pc, not played them in a long time, i missed 'practise mode' in Snooker 19 to learn to know the controls.
                            I wonder what the status is of 'This is Snooker' which is focused around Hendry, i heard it was cancelled, then heard development was still ongoing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                              I have many snooker games on pc, not played them in a long time, i missed 'practise mode' in Snooker 19 to learn to know the controls.
                              Snooker 19 was updated to include a practice mode several months ago.

Comment

Snooker 19 was updated to include a practice mode several months ago.
                                Yes i know, played it a few times during this lockdown.
                                So many great games in my collection but most won't run anymore, still have the cd's of the 2 Jimmy White snooker games

Comment

Working...
                                X