Questions about PS2 and PSP snooker games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about PS2 and PSP snooker games

Hi, I've got some questions which I hope someone can answer. First the PS2 :

I've got World Snooker Championship 2005, which I like, although I'm not too keen on the tour mode...doesn't look like there was much effort put into it. I've heard that 07 is really buggy so I'm going to give that one a miss, but I've only heard good things about 04, has that got a better career mode, along with the same great gameplay of 05?

And the PSP :

I play World Snooker Challenge 2005 on my PSP all the time and I love it. But I hate the "tour" mode in it where you play matches in sets of three, against two easy opponents (boring), and then a tough opponent. I've heard there is a really good career mode in 07 on the PSP, but I've heard about a lot of bugs in the console versions (as mentioned above). I've can't get a lot of info on PSP 07, so is the career mode better, and is it really buggy or worth getting?

Thanks for any help

About the PSP, the career mode is rather good but there are a few bugs.
    1.) When you get touching ball and play away the commentators try and say you have fouled.
    2.) When playing a shot, the player's cue doesn't always appear to make contact with the cue ball.
    3.) Sometimes the game glitches and the player appears to be standing through the table whilst playing a shot
    4.) If you are in your first season and are playing a tough opponent balls seem to rattle a lot even if you have the ball lined up to the centre of the pocket.

Don't let this put you off though, it is an awesome game, it wouldn't be out of place on the PS3

Comment

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Well out of your bugs list I suppose Number 1 wouldn't happen much, and Numbers 2&3 wouldn't apply because I play PSP snooker with no player animations and with the volume down to save the battery (so hopefully no problem with a sound bug I heard about too). I play snooker on my PSP every day in my breaks, so from what you've been saying I think I might have to get it. So I take it that in the career mode mode in 07 on PSP when you play a tournament you actually play a number of rounds like in real life? And how many (if any) qualifying rounds do you have to play? I notice on my PS2 05 when I do a career mode on medium aiming aid I have to play through 5 qualifying rounds for each tournament, usually against Ronnie or someone in the 5th round so I hardly ever qualify :P

Do you have a console version of Snooker 07 and have any pros and cons for that?

Comment

I've just read a review for the PSP 2007 version, and it says that if you make it past the semi-final you have to complete a challenge instead of playing the final, this can't be true can it?

Comment

does someone have saves for PSP World Snooker Challenge 2007 were Ronnie O'Sullivan is available in option menu????????????????????
          Practice Makes Perfect

Comment

Working...
          X