Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best WSC version ?

What do reckon was the best version ?

Here is a list of the versions that were made [I think is the complete list]

World Championship Snooker
    World Championship Snooker 2002
    World Championship Snooker 2003
    World Championship Snooker 2004
    World Championship Snooker 2005
    World Championship Snooker 2007
    WSC Real 08: World Snooker Championship
    WSC Real 09: World Snooker Championship
    World Snooker Championship Real 2011

:-)

I played all but WSC Real 11 and the best is 2004 version without a doubt. Still play it pretty often and it's a shame no one plays it online anymore.

Comment

Yep 2004 is very good but I think 2005 is the best
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

havenm't played 04 yet but I hgave recently ordered it on Amazon but out of the versions I have I'd say 2005

Comment

I kind of think 2004 for it's graphics, the table had a dark and almost moody feel in the pratice venues and qualifiers, felt supberb. Plus, little thing I noticed, 2004 is the ONLY version where the players stance is correct and they're down on their cue, not stood almost upright like some ****ed pool player down the local.

But for actual gameplay I love 2005. First time the white ball curved like it does in real life.

Every version since 2005 has been appalling.

Comment

I don't know WSC Real 11 because don't exist a PC version. Anyway:

physics of the balls: WSC Real 2009;
            graphics: WSC Real 2009;
            aiming aid: on/off as in WSC Real 2009, 2003 and 2004;
            camera shots: World Championship Snooker 2004;
            visual player: World Championship Snooker 2004 and World Championship Snooker 2005.

Comment

I shall try 2005 if I can find it.

Comment

Originally Posted by RedThunder View Post
                I shall try 2005 if I can find it.
                yuou won't be disappointed tbh all Blade DE needed to do really was to cfreate an HD version of 2005 and they'd have been laughing as the controls and systems aer much better there

Comment

As some have already pointed out, for some reason my heart tilts towards the 2004 version. I like that you don"t see the actual curve of the cue ball and you sort of have to guess and rely on your personnal snooker experience. I also enjoy the 2005 version from time to time but, I don't know, it just feels different.
                  sigpic

Want a graphic as a signature? Just ask me.

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnPizzapan View Post
                    As some have already pointed out, for some reason my heart tilts towards the 2004 version. I like that you don"t see the actual curve of the cue ball and you sort of have to guess and rely on your personnal snooker experience. I also enjoy the 2005 version from time to time but, I don't know, it just feels different.
                    I could win the worlds on 03 and 04 with regular centuries, but 05 I found VERY hard!! A bit too hard for me, needed longer arrows like on 04, 04 was brilliant in every way!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sjsharp2008 View Post
                      yuou won't be disappointed tbh all Blade DE needed to do really was to cfreate an HD version of 2005 and they'd have been laughing as the controls and systems aer much better there
                      Totally agree

great player animations
                      proper use of rest
                      perfect aiming arrow options
                      Referee ;-)

Comment

I think 2007 on the xbox was the best TBH. Loved the pool and the snooker (still play that to this day)

Comment

'05 was awesome, yeah. Remember the PSP conversion? Absolutely fantastic and the game that made me buy a PSP.

Sadly '07 was also the game that made me buy a 360 . . .

Comment

Originally Posted by mark771977 View Post
                            '05 was awesome, yeah. Remember the PSP conversion? Absolutely fantastic and the game that made me buy a PSP.

Sadly '07 was also the game that made me buy a 360 . . .
                            yeah I have it for the PSP as well

Comment

Originally Posted by zimrahil View Post
                              Totally agree

great player animations
                              proper use of rest
                              perfect aiming arrow options
                              Referee ;-)
                              not to say their ideas for improving the game aren't bad because I liked the positional aid they've included in 07 and 09 and the flashback options they've included in 11 I just wish they'd have implemented them in better and kept the same controls as before

Comment

Working...
                              X