WSC Real ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSC Real ??

I'd be very surprised if someone didn't pick up this franchise, given the relatively good (and rapidly improving) health of the game right now. That is assuming Blade have given up the rights. It's been almost three years since the last, and no word of anything in the pipeline from them. Not that it would be any loss, considering the downwards spiral of the series since '05.

I don't suppose anyone heard any rumours recently?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Well, International Snooker is pretty much the same format but I didn't hear anything about a possible new WSC Real.
    I myself prefer by far snooker simulators (i.e. Virtual Pool).

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
      Well, International Snooker is pretty much the same format but I didn't hear anything about a possible new WSC Real.
      I myself prefer by far snooker simulators (i.e. Virtual Pool).
      I was really talking about a snooker game for the console market, streamer. As far as I understand, International Snooker isn't available for consoles, or is it?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        I was really talking about a snooker game for the console market, streamer. As far as I understand, International Snooker isn't available for consoles, or is it?

It should be out for consoles too.

Comment

Blade ceased to exist in 2012 I believe

Comment

It should be out for consoles too.
            Unfortunately not. There was a PS2 game called International Snooker Championship back in 2004, but nothing currently for the console except WSC.

Originally Posted by CueAce View Post
            Blade ceased to exist in 2012 I believe
            Ah! Thanks, CueAce. Here's hoping someone will pick up the series then.

Comment

Unfortunately not. There was a PS2 game called International Snooker Championship back in 2004, but nothing currently for the console except WSC.
              http://www.bigheadgames.co.uk/intern...3-and-ps-vita/

check this out, maybe something is moving.

Comment

Mmm, interesting. Looks like it might be a downloadable rather than a commercial release, and what's more only for the Playstation. I only have a 360.

I've been watching some 2004 gameplay on youtube and really want it back, but it was for the original xbox and I don't think it's backwards compatible.

I'm trying to resist getting 2011 because it was so badly received here (no table spots, and a very slow table), but I currently have the 2009 version and it's got so many flaws it's getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know if 2011 has the 'real' mode where the shot is played from the 1st person view rather than switching to the tv cameras as you take your shot?

Comment

good find! will deffo be downloading this for the ps3 :-)
                  http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Thanks for that streamer, downloading it as I type.

Does anyone know if 2011 has the 'real' mode where the shot is played from the 1st person view rather than switching to the tv cameras as you take your shot?
                    The view switches to a camera view, usually a pocket cam which is absolutely useless.
                    Overall I'd say it's a rather poor effort, but I still enjoy an hour or two on it from time to time.
                    There are some good features like being able to save your matches to watch later, so you can re-run all those 147s.

You can pick it up for around £5 second hand on Amazon.co.uk and I'd say it's definitely worth a fiver.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      The view switches to a camera view, usually a pocket cam which is absolutely useless.
                      Overall I'd say it's a rather poor effort, but I still enjoy an hour or two on it from time to time.
                      There are some good features like being able to save your matches to watch later, so you can re-run all those 147s.

You can pick it up for around £5 second hand on Amazon.co.uk and I'd say it's definitely worth a fiver.

-
                      Thanks, Pat. Now that I know they've done away with the 'real' 1st person view, I'm not sure I'll bother. You are sure about that, though, aren't you? I know that in 2009 you could choose 'classic' mode (switching to tv cameras as the shot is played) and 'real' mode which keeps you in 1st person view. I'm not doubting you, but you are sure there's no 1st person 'real' mode?

Comment

Thanks, Pat. Now that I know they've done away with the 'real' 1st person view, I'm not sure I'll bother. You are sure about that, though, aren't you? I know that in 2009 you could choose 'classic' mode (switching to tv cameras as the shot is played) and 'real' mode which keeps you in 1st person view. I'm not doubting you, but you are sure there's no 1st person 'real' mode?
                        Well, if there is, I've never come across it anywhere in the menus or that flimsy excuse for a manual, so I'm 99% certain there isn't. I won't refund your fiver if I'm wrong though, sorry.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Well, if there is, I've never come across it anywhere in the menus or that flimsy excuse for a manual, so I'm 99% certain there isn't. I won't refund your fiver if I'm wrong though, sorry.
                          -
                          I ended up buying 2007, which cost me all of £1.99. I know it doesn't have the 'real' mode, but at that stage in the series they hadn't started farting about with stupid, dynamic camera views, such as the camera tracking the ball into the pocket. It's just how it should be - floor cameras for when you're in and around the black spot, with the ability to switch to the familiar overhead static cam with the tap of the triangle button to see what the balls are doing after you've taken the shot. I now have this and 2009, but I'm not sure which I prefer. I like the 'real' mode of 2009, but prefer the pacing and animation of the players in 2007.

Comment

I was thinking about buying WSC Real 11... Until I realised that to buy it new is in excess or £30 haha. Used it's still not the cheapest!
                            'Billiards is very similar to snooker, except there are only three balls and no one watches it.' - Steve Davis

Comment

I now have this and 2009, but I'm not sure which I prefer. I like the 'real' mode of 2009, but prefer the pacing and animation of the players in 2007.
                              Leave them nestled up together in a nice warm place for a few nights, maybe a bit of Barry White playing gently in the background, you never know... :couple_inlove:

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                              X