Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot Power

Hi all,

I am really enjoying playing WSC Real 08 on the WII, however I am finding it really difficult to get any sort of accuracy or consistency with the amount of power on a shot using the Wiimote - practice shots make little difference as what feels like the same power applied to the controller can result in different amounts of power in the power bar. This is particularly frustrating when trying to make delicate shots.

Does anyone else find this to be a problem? Any tips?

Thanks,

Ben.

Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Hi all,

I am really enjoying playing WSC Real 08 on the WII, however I am finding it really difficult to get any sort of accuracy or consistency with the amount of power on a shot using the Wiimote - practice shots make little difference as what feels like the same power applied to the controller can result in different amounts of power in the power bar. This is particularly frustrating when trying to make delicate shots.

Does anyone else find this to be a problem? Any tips?

Thanks,

Ben.
    alright ben, i have just read this and owned since new.

this is my only advise.

1. are you playing with the cue attachment? if yes, try without.
    others are used to it, but mine just got in the way of my sensor too much tbh!!

2. make sure you are not too close to the screen/sensor, again this can make bad judgements on power and affect terribly.

3. hold your wiimote and arms a little firmer and tense, like holding a real cue as you practice short sharp thrusts. remeber to keep your arm tense as the wii mote can pick up the jolt more easily. some people seem to let there arms loose and almost float the mote through the air. by doing this the sensor inside don't pick up much and reacts differently. (REMEMBER TO KEEP TENSED SLIGHTLY)

4. it does take a while to adjust but it comes in the end.

5. if all else fails, go to options and put the shot aid on full. that way you can take a practice swing and when you are happy, if you take the next swing, it will be the same power as your practice. it does not matter how light or hard your shot is after practice, it will remain the same as your last practice shot. this is good for beginners, but i prefer to try and keep steady pace and it's my fault if i make a mistake.

i'm pleased you like it as i always prefered playing with the wiimote, having to stand up and sit down as in real life. it feels so much more interactive than sitting on your back side for a whole match whilst pressing buttons.

hope this helps mate.

all the best.

Comment

Hi nfl,

Thanks very much for your reply - it has been a big help. I didn't realise the significance of the aiming aid bar and after some more surfing I have discovered that this affects the difference in power between practice and real shots. Putting this on full (as you suggested) has really improved the game for me.

Only one question though - you say don't get too close to the sensor bar. I didn't think the infrared was used when taking a shot - only for moving the cursor around the screen? I rarely point the cue at the screen when taking a shot.

Thanks again for your help!

Ben.

Comment

hi hex, pleased to help your game and that you have been finding it better,
        as for the sensor issue, trust me, it makes a difference as i am well used to the controls and managed a 147 a while back, without shot aid and no skill points. i had a little move around and some furniture was in my way. i ended up being too close the tv and the sensor was on top of tv, not below. the shots were awful and would randomly go to hard and too soft at the same power. it was doing my head in and once i sorted the furniture, it was running perfect.

you don't have to really point at the tv, it's just that you need to be far enough back for it to register right.

anyway, enjoy the game hex and have you seen the new tiger woods 10 video with wii exclusive disc mode using new motion plus.
        http://www.gamestracker.com/int/gonews.asp?idu=12990111

be nice if they use motion plus next year for this if any good.

Comment

Working...
        X