Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking around the table

Hi all

Just bought 2009 WSC - is there a way to walk around the table and NOT be focused on the cue ball? I can't quite see if another ball will pass balls into a pocket so would like to focus on that ball and walk around the table to look at the angle to see if it will pass other balls and go into the pocket. ie like real players do!

Thanks
    H

Originally Posted by harag View Post
    Hi all

Just bought 2009 WSC - is there a way to walk around the table and NOT be focused on the cue ball? I can't quite see if another ball will pass balls into a pocket so would like to focus on that ball and walk around the table to look at the angle to see if it will pass other balls and go into the pocket. ie like real players do!

Thanks
    H
    For the XBOX 360 (playing in classic mode, not 'real' or whatever it's called) you aim at, or near the ball you want to examine, then press X, this makes the camera jump to that point of view. It's probably the SQUARE button on the PS3, don't know about the PC though.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention that it's the PC version I have. I'll give it a go at pressing X but not sure as it has no mention in the manual.

What is classic mode?

Comment

Originally Posted by harag View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention that it's the PC version I have. I'll give it a go at pressing X but not sure as it has no mention in the manual.

What is classic mode?
        Go to the options menu, look at the bottom where it says 'control setup' you can choose between 'classic' which plays like the previous versions of the game, or 'real mode' which they seem to think is more realistic.

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

In the PC-version I do not see the classic setting you mentioned, just look...

So the question remains: How can you inspect the table from another focus than the cue-ball?

Comment

Originally Posted by hanterp View Post
            In the PC-version I do not see the classic setting you mentioned, just look...

So the question remains: How can you inspect the table from another focus than the cue-ball?
            OK, well forget about 'real' and 'classic' modes, they're controller related options, which may only be relevant to the console versions of the game. So what about this, in the 360 version, it's the same button as you use to skip watching the opponent's shot, so if you know which key does that, try hitting that one while you're aiming up your shot, and see if the camera's perspective moves to where you're aiming. Failing that, if you haven't already tried it, I'd tap every key on the keyboard until you find it, there has to be one, I just can't believe they'd omit such a vital option. But then again...

If you do find it, please let us know, and post it here. Thanks.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              So what about this, in the 360 version, it's the same button as you use to skip watching the opponent's shot, so if you know which key does that, try hitting that one while you're aiming up your shot, and see if the camera's perspective moves to where you're aiming.
              Does not work. You only can skip opponents move from within the options menu. You can't from within the game.
              Failing that, if you haven't already tried it, I'd tap every key on the keyboard until you find it, there has to be one, I just can't believe they'd omit such a vital option. But then again...
              Looks like it is not in. Tried all keys without result. I did not try the shift-keys as it would be silly to program it that way.

If I still missed out something please let me know.

Comment

Does not work. You only can skip opponents move from within the options menu. You can't from within the game.

Looks like it is not in. Tried all keys without result. I did not try the shift-keys as it would be silly to program it that way.

If I still missed out something please let me know.
                What a pain. I'll have a hunt around a few gaming forums see what I can find. In the meantime, merry christmas.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  What a pain. I'll have a hunt around a few gaming forums see what I can find. In the meantime, merry christmas.

-
                  You too!
                  Let us know if you find anything.
                  Do you have links from other forums of this game?

Comment

@Patblock, you probably did not found any solution?
                    I am still interested in links to other WSC Real 09 forums. I looked around, but did not found one.

Comment

@Patblock, you probably did not found any solution?
                      I am still interested in links to other WSC Real 09 forums. I looked around, but did not found one.
                      I don't know of any specific forums for that particular game, but there are a few general gaming forums such as gamefaqs, gamershell, and eurogamer that may have the answer to your problem. I've left a question on the WSC real 09 board at gamefaqs, and I'll have a look round elsewhere. If I find anything I'll post it here.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Okay thank you; I 'll take a look

Comment

Okay thank you; I 'll take a look
                          No problem mate.

-