• Show
Clear All

• G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

"what's this?" i hear you cry.

well i'll tell you...

two things:
    1. cheap, great value, quality playing cues
    2. unique one-off 100% hand made multi spliced cues

now, when i'm not looking, gav does things. sometimes i like it, sometimes i don't (for those who don't know, gav has worked on and off with me for around 15 years). and recently, he has taken to trawling ebay picking up a few selected 'cheap' cues, the chinese mass produced ones which are great value but often fall short on a number of playability issues.

anyway, he's been 'modding' them in his spare time and selling locally. to cut a long story short, these cues have been through what i call in the workshop the 'make sh*t shine' department

the methods we employ there have turned many a 'crap' cue into a real player, feeling and playing like a true quality cue (this also applies to many so-called 'good cues).

so what we have here is a source of very cheap cues that have been made into very good playing cues, at about the same retail price. win win situation.

but that's just the tip of the iceberg. more importantly, he will be making his own cues. strictly limited, one off designs, working under my 'guidance' right here at MW HQ (but no direct involvement).

yes folks, a new source of genuine uk hand made cues will shortly be available along with a limited selection of really good value modded cues. basically a cue for every budget.

this will be done in gav's spare time (he's needed by me of course), but the beauty of this is that he can just crack on and do what ever he wants with all the woods/veneers piled up in my workshop that i am never likely to get round to using.

i'd like to make a very important point here - gav has worked with me for a very long time (deserves a medal in itself), and he truly knows what makes a good, no, great, cue. so rest assured, quality will be equal to, or better than, any of the long established (and new) cue makers.

how will this work?

i'll be adding a section to my website when i get a chance, but for now i will post any available cues right here on this thread.

the first, original, 'G-Cue' will be a little while yet as we are very busy preparing for re-opening the shop, but i will offer some cheap 'modded' cues shortly to keep the budget conscious out there going.

one last thing, G-Cues will not be made to order. they will simply be made however, and with whatever, gav wants to make them. you will be able to customise them once they are posted/published but strictly no pre-orders will be entertained.

we don't need the pressure...
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

I would love the first one please.
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea Mike. Looking forward to seeing some of the modded cues!

Comment

G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some good stuff!
        James lovell

Comment

do they come with strings too...?

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
            What.....?
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

I guess 'G-String'
              James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                these cues have been through what i call in the workshop the 'make sh*t shine' department
                So it's not true then, you CAN polish a turd ?

Will they come with brownspin ferrule system ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                  ahhh, i get it now. nice one...
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    So it's not true then, you CAN polish a turd ?

Will they come with brownspin ferrule system ?
                    yes you most definitely can.

i've had all sorts of cues in for repair/alteration over the years, and some are truly awful.

but give the shaft a damn good tidy up and refinish (MOT as we call it), fit the ferrule properly (major reason for poor feel/contact when playing), put a quality tip on, and you turn a crap cue into a decent player.

close your eyes when you play a shot and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between that and an expensive cue.

honestly, what gav is doing is great. he's picking up bargains and making them playable.

this work, while basically simple, takes at least a few hours, but is done in stages here and there between 'proper' jobs, which is why he/we can afford to do it.

anyone who just wants a 'cheapie', but decent playing cue, will be hard pushed to find a better alternative.

as i said, these are the cheap chinese cues found on ebay or sports shops. all genuine hand spliced (no guarantees on the actual quality of splicing but who cares as long as the cue plays well), and some actually look really nice.

value for money, cheap and cheerful, say no more...

btw, anyone who thinks they can simply buy a cheap cue and send to me for this work can think again. the charge would be way more than the cost gav is actually selling these for.

p.s. ferrules will be brass as per original, but fitted properly, flush with the wood etc., and looking...well...nice
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                      I would love the first one please.
                      i'm sure many would...

judging by the quality of work i usually see on repair/alteration cues that pass through the workshop, these will easily match/beat so called 'top' cues from well known names.

but i'm not taking any pre-orders or requests on anything gav produces.

this will be a totally pressure free sideline.

whatever he makes will be posted here, in my shop, and possibly on ebay.

not sure yet, but i may do this on a best offer wins basis.

we'll see. he hasn't even started one yet...

so, your wish of owning the first one may come true. but you have to like what you see first, and then maybe keep your fingers crossed that your offer is the highest...:snooker:
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

Come on Gav... Speak up and tell us your story! (when your'e on a break) Don't let Mike speak for you
                        James lovell

Comment

gav won't be on here. he's got better things to do

so, apologies, but you'll have to put up with me for questions/info.
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

G-Cues (Mike Wooldridge)

There is one of them sh!t overpriced mike wooldridge cues on eBay. I wonder if gav will buy that and "do it up"?
                            Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

where to read a story about gav?

Comment

Working...
                              X