Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    you're missing the point.

these are random cues picked up from ebay, every now and then, tarted up and sold at around £50-£60.

they're not made out to be anything more than that.

they're not competition for higher quality hand made cues.

there is no long term motive or ambition.

they are for people who don't want to spend more than 50 odd quid on a 'stick'.

but instead of just buying a real sh*tty cue, they'll actually get one that feels nice to play with.
    That sounds good, at around £50 - £60..Well done to Gav

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrii View Post
      Mike , we both know what difficulties you might encounter with other people's cues . therefore the level of their alterations should be done at a very good level, then these cues would be interesting . given the low price
      there will be no do difficulties.

they will not be altered in any way shape or form.

i said it earlier, the cues will simply pass through our 'make sh*t shine' department.

they will simply be a lot better to play with, and sold at comparative retail prices.

a no-brainer for budget players.

one last thing - i'm not talking hundreds of cues, i'm not even talking tens of cues.

just a few, as and when gav finds them, or has time to find them.

i think he has about 3-4 right now, not sure if he has sold them though.

if he hasn't, i'll post pics for anyone interested in a cheapie.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

It sounds like you don't have much confidence in Gav? lol from your website

I take this business very seriously. Unlike some people...

Gav (The Chav) - Or as I like to call him...my bitch!

Looking quite pleased with himself here. Don't know why because he's usually f***ing things up...

Duties include:

Moaning
        Doing stuff I don't want to do
        More moaning
        Putting on a little bit of weight
        Saying 'That'll do, they'll never notice'
        Lou - Or as I like to call her...the bitch!

No, I didn't get her from a 'Care in the Community' program. And she doesn't have a big ear and weird forearm. It's just the picture.

Duties include:

Moaning
        Putting dents in finished cues
        Being bored
        Making tea, but then secretly eating something before bringing it back
        Saying 'What split? Well it wasn't there when I was working on it...'
        Me - Or according to them - the a***hole!

Admittedly not a good picture, but I'm not photogenic, and I don't like smiling. Not around these two anyway. At least I haven't got a giant ear and forearm...

Duties include:

Having to re-do jobs they did wrong
        Paying for things they damage or break
        Singing
        Not agreeing with the minimum wage
        Saying 'What the f*** are you doing? You w***er! F*** off home then!'

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          well if you say you can turn a cheap ebay chinese cue into something better than most of the top uk makers can do then you must not think much of the other top makers in the country.
          i never said that.

read the thread/post properly and you'll see i was talking about gav's own hand made cues.
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin

Comment

these will easily match/beat so called top cues from well known names. i read that as you where talking about the g cues gav is working on i am sorry if i got it wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by choice View Post
                That sounds good, at around £50 - £60..Well done to Gav
                that's what i said.

it's a great idea and helps those who don't have much to spend to actually get a cue in their hands that feels waaaaaaaaayyyyy better than it should.

Originally Posted by choice View Post
                It sounds like you don't have much confidence in Gav? lol from your website
                humour aside, no lack of confidence here.

he's been around me long enough to know how to make a good cue, and how to turn a sh*tty cue into something half decent.
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

these will easily match/beat so called top cues from well known names. i read that as you where talking about the g cues gav is working on i am sorry if i got it wrong.
                  yes, i thought it was clear but you did it get it wrong.

to clarify - i was talking about the cues gav will be making himself. the real G-Cues, and main purpose of this thread.

the cheap ebay cues are just a sideline with no great claim other than what i said - they will feel and play a lot better.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Thumbs UP

Comment

Originally Posted by johnev View Post
                      Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin Gav/Arin
                      are you twelve years old?

btw, it's airin.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

they will not be altered in any way shape or form. i said it earlier, the cues will simply pass through our 'make sh*t shine' department.
                        I'm struggling to understand ... since you say Gav won't alter them, I guess you're talking about retipping them and a quick rub down between a virgin's thighs?

Does fitting a new ferrule and removing the existing finish and refinishing to MW/Gav standards constitute alteration ... probably not so Gav might do those too?

Comment

yes, i thought it was clear but you did it get it wrong.

to clarify - i was talking about the cues gav will be making himself. the real G-Cues, and main purpose of this thread.

the cheap ebay cues are just a sideline with no great claim other than what i said - they will feel and play a lot better.
                          thats me not reading the 1st post properly i see now gav is doing the cheap chinese on the side but will soon be making his own handmade cues called g cues out of your workshop. then i have no doubt they will be quality cues.

Comment

thats me not reading the 1st post properly i see now gav is doing the cheap chinese on the side but will soon be making his own handmade cues called g cues out of your workshop. then i have no doubt they will be quality cues.
                            OK ... I've just re-read Mike's first post too and, as you say, there's two different ranges of Gav cues ...

(a) Gav's refinished cues where he buys cheap cues from Ebay or car-boot sales etc and refinishes them to make them more playable ...

(b) Gav's own 100% hand-made by him cues ...

I'm still a bit confused but I hope I'm getting closer to understanding

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                              I'm struggling to understand ... since you say Gav won't alter them, I guess you're talking about retipping them and a quick rub down between a virgin's thighs?
                              sort of. i said this earlier:

but give the shaft a damn good tidy up and refinish (MOT as we call it), fit the ferrule properly (major reason for poor feel/contact when playing), put a quality tip on, and you turn a crap cue into a decent player.
                              it may not sound much, but a lot of work goes into this and it makes a massive difference to the cue.

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                              Does fitting a new ferrule and removing the existing finish and refinishing to MW/Gav standards constitute alteration ... probably not so Gav might do those too?
                              i'm struggling a bit to understand myself now...

i don't think stripping and refinishing shaft, referruling etc. constitutes alteration as such.

although i/we also tidy up the taper as a standard procedure in the general MOT service, so i guess there is a very slight alteration that we take for granted here now.

and yes, as i said earlier, this is what gav is doing.

is that clear now?

i hope so cos i'm getting a headache explaining myself

absolutely correct
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

@Mike, thanks for your patience and taking the time to explain in such detail, I'm a lot clearer now and sorry if I was being dumb ... good luck to you, Gav and the rest of the crew at Wooldridge enterprises

Comment

Working...
                                X