Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeeeat Shot absolutely C R A P taste in shirts

Comment

In the video, even with that much power, Nic is not dropping his elbow as much as either Joe Davis or Tony Knowles did. If you can find a video of Tony Knowles have a look (not sure if any are on youtube or not)

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        In the video, even with that much power, Nic is not dropping his elbow as much as either Joe Davis or Tony Knowles did. If you can find a video of Tony Knowles have a look (not sure if any are on youtube or not)

Terry
        There is lots of Tony Knowles on youtube . . .

First shot is a good example
        Last edited by mythman69; 13 September 2013, 02:48 AM. Reason: added video
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I think Nic drops so much because he doesnt brush his chest with his cue. This means his grip goes further before making contact with his chest. Most players brush their chest with the cue as part of the 4 contact points (bridge, chin, chest, grip). Joe Davis did indeed drop his elbow a lot and also had to raise his body slightly to do it. His grip hand ended nearly underneath his chin sometimes. I do think though that if you dont drop the elbow you need to make sure that your follow through is long enough or else your grip will try and go around or under your chest causing inaccurate cueing. If the follow through is long enough then you should be okay.
          coaching is not just for the pros
          www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            Greeeeat Shot absolutely C R A P taste in shirts
            This one is not too bad compared to the Gold one he wears on the SnookerGym DVDs!
            I think someone once called it "SnookerGym Orange", hmm...
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              This one is not too bad compared to the Gold one he wears on the SnookerGym DVDs!
              I think someone once called it "SnookerGym Orange", hmm...
              ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH My EYES ARE BURNING!!

Last edited by Byrom; 13 September 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X